Fedora Ambassadors North America (FAMNA)
Welcome to the Fedora Ambassadors North America (FAMNA) page. We're working hard to make this page our central point for all North American Ambassadors. If you are interested in further participating in the Fedora project as an ambassador, we'd love to have you on board.
FAmNA - The Fedora Ambassadors of North America is a collection of folks who want to share the Fedora message with others in their area, at events and in general.
What you should know about Fedora
- Four Foundations; Freedom, Friends, Features and First.
- Please read up on how these foundations integrate into our culture, community and values.
- Understanding each foundation can help when you share this with others you encounter when representing Fedora
- Fedora Talking Points
- Very useful discussion points when folks ask "what is" in Fedora
- Fedora's largest sponsor is Red Hat.
- Most community members are not employees of Red Hat, however.
- Fedora is the upstream of Red Hat and isn't Red Hat beta or anything of the kind.
Upcoming FAmNA events
The Fedora Events page has a full listing of events where all regions list their upcoming events. This goes for FAmNA members too. If you are an ambassador and would like to hold an event, big or small (greater than 5-10 people), it should go on the Events page. The benefit of this is that we can track how many events each region has and how to plan for the same Quarters in upcoming years.
FAmNA will happily provide approved ambassadors with resources to share Fedora with people at events or just in their area. You do have to make a request though, so that we can make sure all the requirements are met. FAmNA provides several items that can be handed out, these include:
- Live/Install Media
- Stickers, Buttons, Tattoos, etc.
Generally, when an ambassadors is doing ad-hoc events, it is best to get an Ambassador Kit.
North American ambassadors meet on irc.freenode.net, #fedora-meeting, on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 9pm Eastern US time. See previous/upcoming Meetings.
During meetings, tasks are assigned to individuals willing to complete work. Usually, this is simple stuff like announcing an event on mailing lists, blogging about something cool, etc. However, we do have more lengthy tasks as well. Currently, we have a task list on the wiki (very out of date atm).
FAMNA Growth Plan
We also have a Ambassador Growth Plan (we call it the world domination plan) with quantifiable goals. Feel free to peruse this as well. Currently, we're building a list of regional North American ambassadors. If you interested in helping us, feel free to add your name.