Fedora Insight Workflow
This page describes the workflow for publishing content on Fedora Insight. It is intended to answer the question "how does a written piece get published on Fedora Insight?" If you are a writer, an editor, or a potential writer or editor, you're in the right place.
There are currently three publication types defined for Fedora Insight:
1. Events - content about occurrences in the Fedora world such as conferences, FUDCons, FADs, etc. that are either about to happen or have just happened. For instance, selected highlights from event reports by Ambassadors would go here.
3. General News - items that do not fit in either of the above categories, such as feature profiles or contributor interviews.
User accounts on Fedora Insight will belong to one of three user categories:
1. Users: general news contributors; probably can be anyone who has a signed Fedora Project CLA. For most people reading this page, this is the type of account you will want.
2. Editors: a smaller group who will review, edit, decision and publish contributed news articles
3. Administrators: a small group who administers the configuration of Zikula for Fedora Insight, including theming, pagemaster configuration, workflow definition and publication type configuration
This page will document the workflow for each, from both contributor roles and editor roles.
See the Fedora Insight General News Workflow for an in-depth explanation of this process.
Fedora Weekly News
See the Fedora Insight FWN Workflow for an in-depth explanation of this process.