Unleash your inner musician
Fedora jam is for audio enthusiasts and musicians who want to create, edit and produce audio and music. It comes with Jack, ALSA and Pulseaudio by default including a suite of programs to tailor your studio. It also includes all of the biggest audio applications, including Ardour, Audacity, Qtractor, Musescore, Frescobaldi, all the latest LADSPA/LV2 plugins and many more.
You can download the spin from here
Customizing Your Jam
There are a number of things you might like to do to make the most of your session. These include:
- disable KDE Desktop Effects
- According to Martin Gräßlin's blog post (N.B., he is the lead developer of KWin), we should recommend users leave "desktop effects" enabled, but disable every effect individually.
- configure and enable rtirq (prioritize your realtime softirq audio threads). Instructions here.
- configure JACK
- irc: #fedora-audio
- mailing list: email@example.com
The following packages have been included in the released Live ISO.
- jack-audio-connection-kit (jack2)
Recording and DAW's
Audio Plugins / Utilities
Writing & Publishing