Fedora Women Day, 2016
- Friday, July 15th, 2016 to Sunday, July 17th, 2016
- Virtual event with local meet-ups
- WWFS-FWD'2016, Kolkata : FWD'2016, Kolkata is part of a Two Day Workshop on Women in Free Software.
- [FWD'2016, Pune ]
- Fedora Women day'16 at Open Labs Hackerspace (Tirana, Albania)
Fedora Women Day is a new weekend of celebration to help raise awareness and thanks for the women contributors across the Fedora Project. Fedora Women Day marks the anniversary of the Fedora Women team. The event is headed by Fedora's Diversity Adviser (María "tatica" Leandro).
Over the course of the weekend, we'd like to help bring women contributors across Fedora together with one another. This is a great time to network with other women in Fedora, listen to stories from others in the project, and recognize each other's achievements. This event is primarily a virtual event, and there are plans to do a group audio and/or video call with other women and groups across the world. If you are a local contributor, you are encouraged to try organizing a local meet-up if you are able to (there is no money budgeted for this event presently, but this may change in future years - if you are trying to organize an event within your region, contact your regional Ambassadors for budgetary concerns).
- A Mani
- Local Event: WWFS-FWD'2016, Kolkata, India
- Amita Sharma
- Local Event: FWD 2016, Pune, India
- Jona Azizaj
- Local Event: FWD'16, Tirana, Albania
- Christos Bacharakis
- Local Event: FWD'16, Thessaloniki, Greece
Deadline to confirm participation: 2016-07-10
- Plan out an "itinerary" of events / talks / other things to do virtually during the event
- This can go in the below section!
- Reach out to anyone planning a physical event for FWD and make sure we are sharing resources and everyone is on the same page
- Planning on organizing a local event? Make sure you let us know on the Diversity mailing list by the deadline!
- Get word out about the event on Fedora Magazine and/or Community Blog
The event schedule will be published here once it is ready.
Ideas / Brainstorming
- Any local groups that want to organize a meetup for this day too?
- BAMF Fedora Outreach SF
- Is it appropriate if men / others want to participate in the event? Should there be any "prerequisites" on who can participate or is it open to anyone interested in supporting diversity & inclusion efforts in Fedora? This would be a good question to answer up-front for anyone interested in the event before we begin publicizing it.
- 2016-06-19: Begin sending out invitations for speakers / women who may wish to give talks or share experiences during the event?
- 2016-06-29: First draft of event announcement should be shared with editors on Magazine or Community Blog
A budget is not available for this event. If you need financial support for organizing a local meet-up, please create a new event as per the guidelines for your regional Ambassadors.
Not yet available