Fedora Women Day, 2017
- Any day during September
- Virtual events around the world
- Fedora Women Day'17 at Open Labs Hackerspace (Tirana, Albania)
Fedora Women Day (FWD) is a day of celebration to help raise awareness and thanks for the women contributors across the Fedora Project. Fedora Women Day marks the anniversary of the Fedora Women team. The event is headed by Fedora's Diversity team.
During the month of September, we'd like to help bring women contributors across Fedora together with one another. This is a great time to network with other women in Fedora, listen to stories from others in the project, and recognize each other's achievements. This event is primarily a virtual event, and there are plans to do a group audio and/or video call with other women and groups across the world. If you are a local contributor, you are encouraged to try organizing a local meetup. If you are trying to organize an event within your region, contact your regional Ambassadors for budgetary concerns.
Interested in organizing a FWD in your city?
Deadline to confirm participation: 2017-08-31
- Plan out an "itinerary" of events / talks / other things to do virtually during the event
- Reach out to anyone planning a physical event for FWD and make sure we are sharing resources and everyone is on the same page
- Get word out about the event on Fedora Magazine and/or Community Blog
The event schedule will be published here once it is ready.
Ideas / Brainstorming
- Any local groups that want to organize a meetup for this day too?
- How can we get in touch with local groups who are interested to organize?
- Maximum publicity of the event by posts, twitter, FB posts etc.
- Creation of one more video.
- 2017-08-19: Begin sending out invitations for speakers / women who may wish to give talks or share experiences during the event?
- 2017-08-29: First draft of event announcement should be shared with editors on Magazine or Community Blog
Diversity team is planning a series of events all for FWD. A single council ticket will be opened by Diversity in the Council Pagure requesting budget to hold the events. We will need to be able to explain what is going to happen, in detail, and how much money needed for what. So, if you need budget for organizing this event locally, please follow the deadline and template for planning. We will need budget requirement details in order to include that in our budget request ticket to council by 21st August, 2017.