This is a Marketing SOP that describes how to write a final announcement for a Fedora operating system release. According to the task schedule, the release announcement must be ready to occur on release day. Work on the announcement can begin at any time but its peak window of productivity is 17 days prior to release. It should be complete by a week before the operating system release.
You can see examples of past final release announcements at Final announcement.
Gather information on this upcoming release and its features.
- Read the beats and look for features that excite you. Note, some Beats are committed to git://git.fedorahosted.org/docs/release-notes.git as they are written.
- Check out the Fedora Weekly News
- Alpha and Beta reviews also give insight on what Fedora users like.
- Interview those who worked on the new features in this release.
- Review the talking points.
Start writing on the wiki https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_announcement
Thank the developers, porters, project leaders, Fedora contributers, and Red Hat employees who made the features possible.
Proofread. Discussion on the Fedora marketing list will follow with release announcement candidates. Being open at this stage in the process will reduce last-second edits later.
Attend the release readiness meeting. This is last call for changes.
Release on release date. Celebrate a fresh Fedora.
Final announcement template is based on Fedora 13's announcement.
Improve this SOP!
If you see a way to improve this SOP, please go ahead and edit the page - you don't need to ask for anyone's permission. Read more about our contribution philosophy here.