GITEX 2007 ( 8-12 September, 2007 )
"Among the world's top 3 ICT Exhibitions, GITEX is the Middle East's largest IT exhibition. Located in the business hub of the region and alongside GULFCOMMS, the Middle East's Largest Telecommunications Event, GITEX provides the perfect platform for companies looking to take advantage of the exceptional growth of the ICT industry in the region.
GITEX 2006 attracted 133,139 attendees and continues to be the most important gateway to the Middle East market with over 3,269 participating companies from 119 countries."
Announcement in Arabic
مرحبا مستخدم فيدورا،
سوف ينعقد معرض جيتكس لتكنولوجيا المعلومات بمدينه دبي الامارت في الفتره من ٨ الي ١٢ سبتمبر. سوف تعرض فيدورا بجوار شركة ريدهات. هذه دعوة لأى متطوع، لأن ينضم الينا و يساعد بتوزيع إسطوانات فيدورا، و يجيب أسئله الزوار. سجل إسمك بهذا الرابط
[[he] أو إتصل بى على [[en]
[[MailTo(jmbabich AT DESPAMINATE gmail DOT com)]
Translation courtesy of Ahmed Kamal
When and Where
Show Dates: Saturday, 8 September through Wednesday, 12 September, 2007
|8 September||1 PM to 7 PM|
|9 September||10 AM to 7 PM|
|10 September||10 AM to 7 PM|
|11 September||10 AM to 7 PM|
|12 September||10 AM to 5 PM|
Location: Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, Dubai, UAE
- Volunteers to man the booth are stll needed. This is a great opportunity to promote Fedora 7, meet lots of IT pros (and future employers?), and, maybe, even play with the OLPC XO laptop.
- Support from Red Hat Europe and Open
Net MEA has been excellent. Thanks!
- We have a demo pod, courtesy of Red Hat
- We have an excellent design for a poster and flyer, in English and Arabic. Terrific job!
- We now have 380 Fedora 7 DVDs
- JohnBabich and anyone else interested
Volunteers to Man the Booth
- John Babich (Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
- Lloyd Almeida (Saturday)
- Shakil Kumar (Saturday)
- Viranth Pereria (Saturday)
- Booking rooms for this event is a challenge. JohnBabich is staying with a friend.
- Red Hat Europe has confirmed we can use a portion of their booth space.
- The Fedora Project will have a purpose-built demo pod.
- Booth assignment is Stand A6-11 in Hall 6 - See exhibition hall floor layout.
- Fedora 7 Demo Laptop with all the latest video effects
- Fedora 7 Bootable USB demo and possible installations for daring individuals
- Fedora 7 DVDs (380 shipped)
- Fedora 7 Live CDs (open to suggestions on GNOME / KDE / i386 / x86_64 ratios)
- One Laptop Per Child demo laptop (Confirmed)
- A dedicated demo pod in the booth with Red Hat (Thank you, RH), OLPC XO laptop demo, and two Red Hat partners
Fedora Project - GITEX 2007 Sign and Brochure Design
- Red Hat is graciously providing a demo pod for Fedora and we have been asked to provide a layout for a sign for the demo pod consisting of a large title and 3-4 major points.
- The artwork has been realized by Hisham Abdel-Magid , based on Fedora Art Team themes and design. Thanks, Hisham!
1. Fedora Ambassador Get-Together
Depending on how many Fedorans can attend, this would be an informal meeting to socialize and make sure we have a professional appearance and standard of conduct.
2. Fedora Linux 7 Demos
We will demonstrate a Fedora 7 laptop (with the latest GUI magic), Fedora 7 live CDs, and bootable Fedora 7 USB sticks.
3. One Laptop Per Child Demo
We will help demonstrate the OLPC XO laptop.
Things to Do
1. Complete the official GITEX questionnaire . (DONE & SUBMITTED)
1. Produce sign and brochures for the Fedora demo pod. (AWAITING FINAL APPROVAL)
1. Produce 350+ Live CDs (OBTAINED 380 F7 DVDS SO FAR, STILL NEED LIVE CDS)
1. Sign up more volunteers for the booth (URGENT)
1. Keep spreading the word (ONGOING)
- To be submitted
- To be posted