- Your name: Harish Ved
- FAS Account: Something
- Fedora userpage: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Something
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Blog URL: http://vedharish3.blogspot.in/
- Freenode IRC Nick: something on freenode. You can find me on #fedora-admin or #fedora-ruby
NOTE: We require all students to blog about the progress of their project. You are strongly encouraged to register on the Freenode network and participate in our IRC channels. For more information and other instructions contact Org Admins.
please answer following questions
- 1 Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
- 2 Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or any other open source project as a contributor?
- 3 Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
- 4 Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2013 program, if yes, which team(s), you are interested with?
- 5 Why should we choose you over other applicants?
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
I have been using various linux distros since I started using linux around 4 years ago. I found Fedora as one of the most well-documented, systematic and rapidly updating distros and I kept using it. I am currently using Fedora 19. As I have been a long-time user, I would like to start contributing to the Fedora community. Moreover, the Fedora project is very large and diverse. The experience that I will gain from contributing to Fedora is not something every organization can provide. I definitely have the interest and curiosity to become a part of the Fedora project.
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or any other open source project as a contributor?
I have not been involved with the fedora community as a contributor since long but I have recently started contributing as a Fedora Package maintainer with uploading a package as a bug-fix. I find GSoC as a very good opportunity to start moving in the direction of being a long-term contributor to the fedora community.
Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
No, I have not participated in the past GSOC programs.
Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2013 program, if yes, which team(s), you are interested with?
I will definitely be willing to continue contributing to the Fedora project and invest much more of my time in giving back to the community. I would like to start off as a package maintainer for fedora. I have recently learnt ruby and I am very interested in the Ruby_SIG group of the fedora project. This project, itself, would require long-term package maintainers which I would be very much glad to be. I am open to any other opportunities which may co-exist with my interests and my skills.
Why should we choose you over other applicants?