- Name: Tummala Dhanvi
- FAS Account: Dhanvi
- Fedora userpage: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dhanvi (easy to guess!)
- 1 Contact Information
- 2 Questions to answer
- 2.1 Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project for GSoC ?
- 2.2 Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora Project or another open-source project as a contributor?
- 2.3 Have you participated in GSoC in the past? If so, what year(s) and which organization(s)?
- 2.4 Do you plan to continue contributing to the Fedora Project after GSoC? If yes, what sub-project(s) are you interested with?
- 2.5 Why should we choose you over other applicants?
- Email Address: dhanvicse (at) gmail.com & dhanvi (at) fedoraproject.org
- Blog URL: https://dhanvi1.wordpress.com/
- Freenode IRC Nick: c0mrad3 , c0mrad3_ (is my bouncer)
- Code Forges (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.):
- https://gitlab.com/u/dhanvi I use gitlab for issue tracking of debian-ruby packaging https://gitlab.com/groups/debian-ruby/group_members
- https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/dhanvi/ just like https://dhanvi.fedorapeople.org/
- Social Media Accounts:
- Diaspora : https://diasp.in/people/b2faadc05e030133949e001a4acf2b98
- GNU Social : https://gnutan.xyz/dhanvi/
- I have listed most of my social Media here https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dhanvi#Contact
Questions to answer
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project for GSoC ?
I chose Fedora as first OS that I installed into my laptop (off-course after removing windows 8) because I liked the Fedora Symbol very much (Fedora Design team has done a great job for doing the same). After when I came to know that the F means Infinite Freedom plus voice I always thought of contributing to the project.
- Improve my coding skills. (I am currently doing my computer science graduate so ability to build software is a skill must for me.)
- To be a part of the bigger community and Improve my communication skills (Ability to work with people from all over world and in different time zones is a big plus point for me)
- Opportunities with Red Hat (Who doesn't want to get paid for doing what they love to do!)
- Stipend by Google (Good enough to spend my summer coding without the need of taking money from my parents or working)