Go No Go Meeting
Before each public release Development, QA, and Release Engineering meet to determine if the release criteria are met for a particular release. This meeting is called the Go/No-Go Meeting.
Verifying that the Release criteria are met is the responsibility of by the QA Team. Release Criteria are set for each public release and are found at the following links:
- The meeting facilitator sends an email announcement three days before the meeting, specifiying the meeting location and time:
- At the start of the meeting representatives from Development, Release Engineering, and Quality Assurance should be clearly identified
- Decision as to whether the release is GOLD
- If the release criteria are met the release is declared GOLD.
- If the release criteria are not met, the release is delayed by one week.
- Release is unaimously declared GOLD by a representative from Development, Release Engineering, and Quality Assurance
- Once a release has been declared GOLD (release criteria satisfactorily met) its status cannot be changed.
- No subsequently unfavorable test results will reverse this decision.
- Email is sent to the following email lists announcing that the release has been declared GOLD by the meeting organizer
- Staging to Fedora mirrors begins and cannot be reversed even if additional bugs are found
If the release criteria are not met the release cannot be declared GOLD and the complete release slips by one week.