Guidelines for release names
- Names are suggested by the community.
- The fedora-devel-list mailing list was previously used for suggestions.
- Beginning with Fedora 11, name suggestions are solicited through a wiki page.
- To suggest a name, a community member must:
- Show how the name meets the "is-a" test. For example, "Schnozz is a ____, and so is Keister."
- Document preliminary searches showing the name is not encumbered by trademarks or other use that makes it a bad or risky choice.
- Names are vetted through the Red Hat Legal department for a more intensive trademark search.
- The Fedora Board is responsible for making sure the name ballot is of sufficient size and composition.
- The final release name is decided through a community vote.
- Problems are resolved through the Fedora Board and the FPL.