This is placeholder for documentation about Fedora used as Android development box
This page should provide "how-to" document about using Fedora Linux for developing applications for Android platform.
This document will cover requirements, steps how to go from source code till final application and how to use Android Emulator for testing of application.
- Eclipse IDE
yum install eclipse-jdt
- Android SDK
Download SDK from page
- ADT plugin for Eclipse
- Start Eclipse, then select Help > Software updates...
- In the Available Software dialog, click Add....
- In the Add Site dialog that appears, enter a name for the remote site (for example, "Android Plugin") in the "Name" field. In the "Location" field, enter this URL:
Note: If you have trouble acquiring the plugin, you can try using "http" in the URL, instead of "https" (https is preferred for security reasons).Click OK.
- Back in the Available Software view, you should now see "Developer Tools" added to the list. Select the checkbox next to Developer Tools, which will automatically select the nested tools Android DDMS and Android Development Tools. Click Next.
- In the resulting Install Details dialog, the Android DDMS and Android Development Tools features are listed. Click Next to read and accept the license agreement and install any dependencies, then click Finish.
- Restart Eclipse.
Install Android SDK into Eclipse
--Hpejakle 20:40, 24 March 2010 (UTC)