Software Free Day is one of the biggest international annual events for promoting Free and Open Source Software, organized in hundreds of cities across the globe. This year, SFD would be also organized by Vietnam Free and Open Source Software Association in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh and some other cities. During this day, a lot of activities would be held for thousands of attendees.
A small team of Fedora Ambassadors are invited to the event in Hanoi and organize some Fedora related activities there. This is also a good chance for active Fedora Ambassadors in APAC meet together once more to discuss critical issues like budget planning, mentoring, etc. face to face.
- When: September 19-20th, 2014
- Where: Hanoi University of Engineering and Technology
|Attendee||Arrival||Departure||Estimated travel cost||Funding request|
|Truong Anh Tuan||home city||home city||$0||N/A|
|Nguyen Nang Thang||home city||home city||$0||N/A|
- Fedora Meetup (Sept 19th): to discuss about regional related issues:
- Budget planning
- Future events/activities
- Support needs
- Fedora activities in SFD (Sep 20th):
- Keynotes and talks (in SFD common rooms)
- A dedicated booth for distributing medias, swags and introducing to participants more information about Fedora and FOSS
- A dedicated room for hackfest, installfest, workshops, talks(?)
- Share success stories from each country by Ambassadors - This is permitted to Fedora Ambassadors only.
Please add your name into the wiki.
|Your name||Room Partner||Arrival date & time||Dept. date & time|
Spreading the word
Links to presentations/other resources
- Things to discuss during Fedora Meetup?
- Topics you can talk to (in English)?
- Swag and media you can bring to?
- Other activities? Really need a dedicated room?
|Aug 24||All ideas and comments shared|
|Aug 24||All attendees registered, especially ones who need subsidy|
|Aug 31||Fedora program registered with SFD event owner (keynotes, talks, activities, booth, dedicated room, etc.)|
|Aug 31||All flights booked, hotel booked|
|Hotel||$250||About $30 per double room per night|
|Foods and Drinks||$250||two group dinners and a lunch during meetup|
|Travel subsidy||$2,500||for about 6-7 persons from other countries/cities|
|Event Funding||$500||SFD is a community event|