While The SFD event wiki page
is mainly in Vietnamese, all Fedora related activities would be listed separately here and linked to that main page.
Software Freedom Day is one of the biggest international annual events for promoting Free and Open Source Software, organized in hundreds of cities across the globe.
This year, SFD would be also organized by Vietnam Free and Open Source Software Association in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh and some other cities. During this day, a lot of activities would be held for thousands of attendees.
A small team of Fedora Ambassadors are invited to the event in Hanoi and organize some Fedora related activities there. This is also a good chance for active Fedora Ambassadors in APAC meet together once more to discuss critical issues like budget planning, mentoring, etc. face to face.
- From Noi Bai International airport to Hanoi Legacy Hotel:
- Take an airport taxi directly to the hotel: ~350,000 VND (~17 USD)
- Take an airport shuttle bus to the city center: 40,000 VND (~2 USD). The last stop is at Quang Trung street; then you can go for a walk (~1.5km) using this map: https://goo.gl/maps/CO7Zs or take a meter taxi (about 25,000 VND)
- Airport taxi from the hotel to the airport is about 220,000 VND (~10 USD)
- From the hotel to event venue(s): I will pick you up by taxi :)
- More information:
- This hotel is in the city center so you can visit Hoan Kiem lake or other main attractions on foot
- Taxi fare is about 12,000-15,000 VND/km
- You can also rent a bike or motorbike to discover Hanoi
Please add yourself if you want to attend including also your estimated budget request for transportation.
If you add your self, you better make sure to come!
Fedora Ambassador Polo T-Shirt
Please add your T-Shirt size as soon as possible, since we need to produce it immediately.!
Please list your name along with information on who you intend to share your room with.
September 19, 2014: Fedora Meetup
September 20, 2014: Software Freedom Day event
||All ideas and comments shared
||All attendees registered, especially ones who need subsidy
||Fedora program registered with SFD event owner (keynotes, talks, activities, booth, dedicated room, etc.)
||All flights booked, hotel booked
||About $30 per double room per night
||Funding request #142
|Foods and Drinks
||two group dinners and a lunch during meetup
||Funding request #142
||for about 6-7 persons from other countries/cities
||SFD is a community event
||Funding request #140
Vietnam Water Puppet
Exploring Hanoi Old Quarter
- Location: Hanoi Old Quarter
- Date/time: 20:00, September 19th
- Go for a walk around/inside Hanoi Old Quarter and have joined dinner at Ta Hien street
IRC Meeting Logs
Spreading the word
- Public announcement on relevant Fedora Mailing Lists
- Register with Global SFD Community
SFD Session Ideas
- Share success stories from each country by Ambassadors - This is permitted to Fedora Ambassadors only.
- Introduction to FOSS - what it is, why involve, how
- FOSS techniques workshop - all the non-programmatic elements of contributing to FOSS: communication, version control etc
- Install Fest - Help people install Fedora or other distros of their choice [it's Freedom ;) ]
- Contributing to FOSS when you're not a programmer
- Contributing to FOSS when you're a beginner programmer
- Swag distribution booth
- Ticket for discussing ideas: #139
- Introduction to software defined radio powered by FOSS and open hardware (by alick)
Fedora Meetup Ideas
- Discuss about regional related issues:
- Budget planning
- Future events/activities
- Support needs
- Dealing with Ambassadors.
- Keynotes and talks (in SFD common rooms)
- A dedicated booth for distributing medias, swags and introducing to participants more information about Fedora and FOSS
- A dedicated room for hackfest, installfest, workshops, talks(?)
Please use this section to document and report about the event. Nice things to see in this section are blog posts about the event, pictures from the event, and anything else that might be valuable to showing the success of our participation in the event. If there were any "lessons learned" or problems that others might benefit from seeing please do include those here too. Some general information about report expectations can be found on the Event Reports
Links to presentations/other resources