The mission of the Haskell Special Interest Group is to maintain, grow, and guide the packaging of Haskell projects in Fedora.
We have an IRC channel #fedora-haskell on Freenode.
Haskell Platform support
Haskell Platform in Fedora status:
- Next release:
- F16 plans to ship haskell-platform-2011.2.0.x with ghc-7.0.4
- Current releases:
- F15 has haskell-platform-2011.2.0.0 with ghc-7.0.2
- F14 has haskell-platform-2010.2.0.0 with ghc-6.12.3
- F13 has haskell-platform-2010.1.0.0 with ghc-6.12.1
- EPEL6 has haskell-platform-2010.2.0.0 with ghc-6.12.3
- EPEL5 has ghc-6.10.4
- EPEL4 has ghc-6.8.3
- Former releases
- F12 had haskell-platform-2009.2.0.2 (ghc-6.10.4)
- F11 had haskell-platform-2009.2.0.1 (ghc-6.10.3)
- Features/GHC703 for F16
- update PackagingDrafts/Haskell to latest macros/packaging [done: posted RFC]
- move ghc_archs to rpm?
- new mailing-list for discussion separate to bugzilla mails
- move cabal2spec package to haskell branch
- Add %check sections for packages that have tests available
- cabal/yum integration (cabal-autopkg)
- autogeneration of packages for a "testing" repository of all-of-hackage. Pull from this (with a human eye) to make Fedora packages.
- Haskell_Spin submitted to Spins SIG
- A tool to check for dependency breakage for version updates in repo
- A tool to do automatic rebuild
- Always updated package dependency graph.
- Need to have continuous build integration, eg automate dependency builds. Check http://packdeps.haskellers.com/reverse.
- Koji supports maven now. It could have support for cabal as well.
Long running tasks
Add new packages added to the repo to . Please note that packages in haskell-platform are not listed intentionally to avoid confusion.
Please use the latest cabal2spec package from koji when submitting packages.
The current Haskell Packaging Guidelines need updating to ghc-6.12. cabal2spec generates .spec files from cabal packages using up to date templates. After a package has been accepted please remember to include
haskell-sig in the package SCM admin request.
You can use cabal2spec-diff when reviewing packages to check differences from the templates.
Open Package reviews (CC fedora-haskell-list)
Closed Package reviews (CC fedora-haskell-list)
- webkit, poppler, gstreamer
Current packages in Fedora
See package interdependencies for dependency graphs.
- JensPetersen (sponsor)
- Ben Boeckel
- Lakshmi Narasimhan
- Shakthi Kannan
- Michel Salim (sponsor)
- Aidan Delaney
- 2011-06-01: Fedora 15 ships with ghc-7.0.2
- 2010-12-05: Fedora packages now listed on http://hackage.haskell.org
- 2010-05-25: Fedora 13 ships with ghc-6.12.1 and shared ghc libraries
- 2010-01-10: fedora-haskell-list becomes haskell-devel list at fedoraproject
- 2009-09-29: haskell-platform added for f12
- 2009-04-15: revised Packaging Guidelines accepted
- 2008-09-17: initial Packaging Guidelines approved
- 2008-02-13: fedora-haskell-list started
- 2007-05-10: Fedora SIG formed
- 2005-02-21: email@example.com mailing-list starts
- 2004-08-03: original Fedora Haskell project starts