The mission of the Haskell Special Interest Group is to maintain, grow, and guide the packaging of Haskell projects in Fedora.
We have two mailing-lists:
- haskell list (archives) for general discussion [new!]
- haskell-devel (archives) for bugzilla traffic.
We have an IRC channel #fedora-haskell on Freenode.
Follow us on Twitter.
Haskell Platform support
- F18 currently has haskell-platform-2012.2.0.0 with ghc-7.4.1
- F17 has haskell-platform-2011.4.0.0 with ghc-7.0.4
- F16 has haskell-platform-2011.2.0.1 with ghc-7.0.4
- EPEL6 has haskell-platform-2011.4.0.0 and ghc-7.0.4
- EPEL5 has ghc-6.12.3
- PackagingDrafts/Haskell submission to FPC: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/194
- Features/GHC74 for F18
- Haskell_Spin submit to Spins SIG
- cabal-rpm: recursive and yum support
- autogeneration of packages for a "testing" repository of all-of-hackage. Pull from this (with a human eye) to make Fedora packages.
- support for automatic rebuilds. Try to do it in koji or mock-build with a shell script or haskell script.
- Add %check sections for packages that have tests available
- Better tool to check for dependency breakage for version updates: packdeps reverse and cblrepo exist
- Automatically updated package dependency graphs.
- Continuous build integration to automate build testing.
- Koji supports maven now. It could have support for cabal as well.
New Package Process
- Please use the latest cabal2spec package when submitting a package review request.
- You can use cabal2spec-diff when reviewing packages to check differences from the templates.
- Please include haskell-sig in the InitialCC field of Package_SCM_admin_requests.
- Remember to add new packages to Upstream_release_monitoring (Note that packages in haskell-platform are intentionally not listed to avoid accidental breakage.)
Open haskell-devel package reviews can be split into:
- Haskell-pkg-reviews dependency tree is no longer systematically used
- "ghc" or "haskell" reviews not CC haskell-sig
- Closed haskell-devel package reviews
(Stats last updated 17 July 2012)
Non-review bugs, can be split into:
- Ready Upstream Release Monitoring bugs (URM)
- Blocked Upstream Release Monitoring bugs (URM)
- Other misc bugs
- Tracker for libraries with no revdeps
See also the package review links in the Packaging section.
Current packages in Fedora
See package interdependencies for dependency graphs.
Info on singleton libraries.
- JensPetersen (sponsor)
- Lakshmi Narasimhan T V
- Ben Boeckel
- Shakthi Kannan
- Michel Salim (sponsor)
- Aidan Delaney
- Gautam Akiwate
- Payas Awadhutkar
- 2012-05-29: Fedora 17 ships with Haskell Platform 2011.4.0.0)
- 2012-02-14: new haskell mailing-list for discussion
- 2011-11-08: Fedora 16 ships with ghc-7.0.4 and all prof subpackages merged into devel
- 2011-06-01: Fedora 15 ships with ghc-7.0.2
- 2010-12-05: Fedora packages now listed on http://hackage.haskell.org
- 2010-11-02: Fedora 14 ships: all doc subpackages merged into devel
- 2010-05-25: Fedora 13 ships with ghc-6.12.1 and shared ghc libraries
- 2010-01-10: fedora-haskell-list becomes haskell-devel list at fedoraproject
- 2009-09-29: haskell-platform added for f12
- 2009-04-15: revised Packaging Guidelines accepted
- 2008-09-17: initial Packaging Guidelines approved
- 2008-02-13: fedora-haskell-list started
- 2007-05-10: Fedora SIG formed
- 2005-02-21: email@example.com mailing-list starts
- 2004-08-03: original Fedora Haskell project starts