Making wiki pages?
Want to know how to name them in the New World of MediaWiki?
This page tells you how we want the wiki structured, when it comes to creating new pages or moving around old content.
Use this for naming new pages and areas. Also use it for planning where to move nested content migrated from the old wiki.
- Name pages within a single, flat namespace; do not use directory-like hierarchies:
- no : SIGs/Foo/Meetings
- yes : Foo_SIG_Meetings
- Use as many categories as needed that make sense:
- The category pages are the aggregation pages. Point to them prominently as the way to find all of something on a topic/within a category.
- "To review a list of all docs currently in draft, refer to the."
- "Useful end-user docs are found in the."
- "To learn more about the Documentation Project, refer to the.