How to debug Libvirt problems
This page describes how to debug <component>. For general information on how to file a bug, should you need to do so, please see Bugs and feature requests.
Identifying your problem area
Something that ensures that the component in question is at fault not some other thing..
Information to include in your report
All bug reports
In all cases, the following should be mentioned and attached to your bug report:
- The exact command-line used to start libvirt if other than.
service libvirtd start
- The version number of the libvirt.
rpm -q libvirt
- The output from smolt for identifying which hardware architecture your using.
smoltSendProfile -a | grep public
- The name of the hypervisor (Xen, QEMU, KVM) your using.
- The XML config of the guest domain
- For Xen hypervisor, the XenD logfile from /var/log/xen
- For QEMU/KVM, the domain logfile from /var/log/libvirt/qemu
As well as the information from the 'All bug reports' section, include the following information:
As root install <components> debug package.
# debuginfo-install <component>
How to GDB component