Hi - I'm the unix sysadmin for the Biology department at Duke - so most of the packages I'm working on for Fedora Extras are bioinformatics related somehow.
Random Packaging Notes
- perl is gpl and artistic for its license, and for anything distr "under the same terms as perl". Whatever.
- URL: http://search.cpan.org/dist/GD-SVG/ is preferred.
- Source0: http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/T/TW/TWH/GD-SVG-0.25.tar.gz
This is annoying because it means I can't cut-n-paste from a web cpan search.
- When a module is noarch you can drop CFLAGS and OPTIMIZE.
- Watch your build requires on pkgs with tons of deps - its easy to miss one.
|Please note: AlexLancaster has picked up the maintainance of the bioperl and deps and is currently (2007-03-27) pushing the orphaned packages through a re-review process.|
Approved and in tree
Don't make the mistake I know anything about perl - I just package these. :)