Name: Matt Domsch
Fedora Account Name: mdomsch
Infrastructure Sponsor: mdomsch
Secondary Contact info
Name: Jeff Garzik
Fedora Account Name: jgarzik
Group: Kernel Developers
Project Name: IPv6 Connectivity for Infrastructure
Target Audience: IPv6-capable users
Expiration/Delivery Date (required): 12/31/2009
Description/Summary: Fedora Infrastructure services are not reachable via IPv6. This plan allows FI to serve both IPv4 and IPv6 users.
Project plan (Detailed):
- Discover and use native IPv6 connectivity if offered in each of our data centers.
* Telia is reported to have it
- Stand up a 6to4 gateway server in PHX and other data centers that do not have native connectivity. This server will provide routing between IPv6 users and our IPv4 infrastructure.
- Convert services one by one to serve IPv6 natively.
* Proxy Servers * MirrorManager
Specific resources needed
- publictest instance in PHX for the 6to4 gateway