Initial thoughts by Matt Domsch
- Use Reduced Redundancy Storage. All the content will be replicated easily.
- Use s3cmd sync to keep content in buckets in sync
- exclude ISOs
- exclude debuginfo? I think so.
- Use bucket policies to limit access to each region
- Need list of IP addresses for each region to populate MM. Would be nice if we could get that programmatically.
- Per FI meeting 20120216, suggest using secondary01 or a releng* box for the copying. secondary01 does not have /pub/epel or /pub/fedora currently mounted.
- bucket names s3-mirror-<region>.fedoraproject.org allow for CNAME s3-mirror.fedoraproject.org to s3.amazon.com in our DNS
|Region||Region Server||Bucket Name||CNAME|
|US Standard||s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com||s3-mirror-us-east-1.fedoraproject.org||s3-mirror-us-east-1.fedoraproject.org CNAME s3-mirror-us-east-1.fedoraproject.org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com|
|US West (Oregon) Region||s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com|
|US West (Northern California) Region||s3-website-us-west-1.amazonaws.com|
|EU (Ireland) Region||s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com|
|Asia Pacific (Singapore) Region||s3-website-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com|
|Asia Pacific (Tokyo) Region||s3-website-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com|
|South America (Sao Paulo) Region||s3-website-sa-east-1.amazonaws.com|
- if we upload ISOs, we get .torrent links "for free".
- no tracker stats :-(
- Can't group multiple files together into a single torrent
- we're paying for outbound bandwidth
- bucket policies keeping traffic in a single region means we need separate buckets for torrent content
- none for all uploads
- none for intra-region requests
- 0.093/GB/month for data, 200GB = $30-40/month/region. 7 Regions.
- no way guess number of GET requests. $40 assumes 10M requests, while $30/month assumes 1M requests.
Total: ~$280/month, or $3360/yr
- do we sync to one region, then COPY to others? If so, what tool? That'll cost $ for bandwidth.
source/ SRPMS/ debug/ beta/ ppc/ ppc64/ repoview/ Fedora/ Live/ isolinux/ images/ EFI/ drpms/ core/ extras/ LiveOS/ updates/8 updates/9 updates/10 updates/11 updates/12 updates/13 updates/14 updates/testing/8 updates/testing/9 updates/testing/10 updates/testing/11 updates/testing/12 updates/testing/13 updates/testing/14 releases/test/