Replacing Your Fedora Account System SSH Key
If for any reason you need to replace your SSH key in the Fedora Account System, use this procedure:
- Generate a new ssh key using
ssh-keygen. If you select the defaults, this command generates a
~/.ssh/id_rsaprivate key file, and a
~/.ssh/id_rsa.pubpublic key file
- Go to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
- Select 'Login' in the menu on the left
- Login with your username and password
- Select 'My Account' on the menu at the top
- Select 'Edit' on the 'Your Fedora Account' page
- Upload the
~/.ssh/id_rsa.pubpublic key file that you generated in the first step.
- Select 'Save'.
That's it, you're done. Remember that the
~/ssh/id_rsa private key file should be safeguarded.