This is a shorthand list of items we are needing to cover for building EPEL-8 in Fedora Infrastructure for the Fiscal Year 2020.
his is a shorthand list of items we are needing to cover for building EPEL-8 in Fedora Infrastructure for the Fiscal Year 2020.
- Status:WORKING DRAFT:
- Point of contact: Stephen Smoogen
- Implementation Schedule: 2019-06-01
- Release Date: 2019-06-01
Background and Strategic Fit
This project impacts a number of application or other projects. Here is a quick list of the different projects involved and their point of contact.
- Coordinator: Stephen Smoogen
- Determine buildroot requirements
- Koji rules for el-8 hidden external build roots
- import fake modules from RHEL-8 into MBS
- determine what default packages/modules are
- determine what is in 8.0 buildroot.
- create tool which will take 8.x RHN channel and creates a 'composed' buildroot for koji to work on
- Determine new directory layout for compose/ship
- Need to branch for EL8
- Need koji tags
- FPDC entries (is FPDC ready???)
- Discover rel-eng tasks for setup/cleanup that no one remembers
- Fix fedpkg/centpkg to understand new EPEL layout, branch names, etc
- Determine architectures to build against (s390?)
- Need to work out open communication paths with Red Hat internal teams in charge of Code Ready Linux Builder for packages..
- Need to consult Bugzilla maintainers for changes needed
- Package name
- Business rules
- Establish policies for which packages are branched into EPEL-8
- Establish policies for how modules are branched into EPEL-8
- Setup policies for package 7->8 bootstrapping (w/o review)
- Establish tool to block packages in 8.0
- See what we can move back to RHEL-7