This page tracks customizations made to a Drupal-based test instance for Fedora Insight.
If you're finished already with these general customizations, there's another page about Insight content configuration.
- Install the AuthFAS module. The source is found here.
cd /etc/drupal6/all/modules/ git clone git://fedorapeople.org/home/fedora/pfrields/public_git/drupal-authfas-6x.git authfas
- Install the Insight theme. (This doesn't exist yet, but it will. When it does, fill out this step. --pfrields 19:33, 14 August 2010 (UTC))
- Install the Flexifilter module.
- Install the Footnotes module.
- In the Modules configuration module, enable the following modules in the Core - Optional section:
- Content translation
- Database logging
- Update status
- Enable the Flexifilter module in the Flexifilter section.
- Enable the following modules in the Other section:
- Ensure the Site information settings are properly configured.
- Configure the AuthFAS module with the following settings. The settings below point the AuthFAS module to a FAS instance on publictest4, and requires that anyone logging in be a member of the cla_done FAS group. Furthermore, it sets up email for each new user at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location of FAS instance: publictest4.fedoraproject.org/accounts FAS group for authenticated users: cla_done Email domain used for FAS users: fedoraproject.org
- Enable Clean URLs. If you cannot enable them, your site is misconfigured. Visit the
/usr/share/drupal6/.htaccessfile and ensure that you've changed it according to the How to install Drupal page.
- In the Performance settings, enable Normal caching. This should not affect development work. (If you find pages are not being refreshed as expected during development, disable caching.)
- Add the Planet to the site:
- Under Feed aggregator add the RSS 2.0 feed for Planet Fedora as a new source, with the name Planet Fedora.
- Set the update interval to 1 hour.
- Under Site building visit the Blocks menu, place the new Planet aggregator in the right sidebar. The other defaults are acceptable.
- In the User settings module, set Public registrations to Only site administrators can create new user accounts.
- In the User settings module, disable signature and picture support.
- In the FAS instance, create three new groups:
In the Drupal instance, create three new roles: