Insight customizations to Drupal
This page tracks customizations made to a Drupal-based test instance for Fedora Insight.
If you're finished already with these general customizations, there's another page about Insight content configuration.
Note: to install the following packages, please enable EL5/6 repositories as explained here.Note: to install a package feel free to use either rpm or yum commands. Syntax is:
rpm -i 'package-name' yum install 'package-name'where package-name is the value available in the table below.
Before moving to the second step of this wiki page, please make sure you grab the following packages from El5 and El6:
- It may be necessary to alter the
/etc/cron.hourly/drupal6cron script to ensure it points to the right location ("/drupal" vs. "/drupal6").
- Install the AuthFAS module. The source is found here.
cd /etc/drupal6/all/modules/ git clone git://fedorapeople.org/home/fedora/pfrields/public_git/drupal-authfas-6x.git authfas
- Install the Insight theme. (This doesn't exist yet, but it will. When it does, fill out this step. --pfrields 19:33, 14 August 2010 (UTC))
- Install the CCK module.
- Install the Flexifilter module.
- Install the Footnotes module.
- Install the Views module.
- Install the Advanced Help module.
- Install the Automatic Node Title module.
- Install the Chaos tool suite module.
- Install the Feeds module.
- Install the Job Scheduler module.
- Install the Pathauto module.
- Install the Token module.
- Install the Views Bulk Operations module.
- In the Modules configuration module, enable the following modules in the Core - Optional section:
- Content translation
- Database logging
- Update status
- Enable the following modules in the Feeds section:
- Feeds Admin UI
- Feeds News
- Enable the Flexifilter module in the Flexifilter section.
- Enable the following modules in the Other section:
- Advanced Help
- Automatic Nodetitles
- Job Scheduler
- Token Actions
- Enable the following modules in the Views section:
- Views Bulk Operations
- Views UI
- Ensure the Site information settings are properly configured.
- Configure the AuthFAS module with the following settings. The settings below point the AuthFAS module to a FAS instance on publictest4, and requires that anyone logging in be a member of the cla_done FAS group. Furthermore, it sets up email for each new user at email@example.com.
Location of FAS instance: publictest4.fedoraproject.org/accounts FAS group for authenticated users: cla_done Email domain used for FAS users: fedoraproject.org
- Enable Clean URLs. If you cannot enable them, your site is misconfigured. Visit the
/usr/share/drupal6/.htaccessfile and ensure that you've changed it according to the How to install Drupal page.
- In the Performance settings, enable Normal caching. This should not affect development work. (If you find pages are not being refreshed as expected during development, disable caching.)
- Add the Planet to the site:
- Under Import menu/Feed menu item add the RSS 2.0 feed for Planet Fedora as a new source url, with the name Planet Fedora.
- Set the update interval to 1 hour under domainname/admin/build/feeds/edit/feed/settings page.
- Under Site building visit the Blocks menu, place the new Planet aggregator in the right sidebar. The other defaults are acceptable.
- Login as administrator,
- Click on the "Create content" on the right menu panel,
- Select which kind of content do you want to add. Options are:
- Feed, Subscribe to RSS or Atom feeds.
- Page, is a simple method for creating and displaying information that rarely changes, such as an "About us" section of a website.
- Story, is ideal for creating and displaying content that informs or engages website visitors.(i.e Press releases, site announcements or informal blog entries
- Weekly News Beat, A single "beat" or topical area in the Fedora Weekly News
- In the User settings module, set Public registrations to Only site administrators can create new user accounts.
- In the User settings module, disable signature and picture support.
- In the FAS instance, create three new groups:
In the Drupal instance, create three new roles: