Revision as of 05:42, 4 November 2009
provide small auto-test system with a web-based interface which can help to customize autoinstall testing.The test system should be small enough for personal use.
The purpose of auto test is to simplify testing,save time, improve efficiency.So the auto-test should help us to solve the following problems:
- the system should be small enough for personal use
- have a very simple interface for user to customize testing or configure testing
- very easy interface for user to set up some services due to some special cases,such as ftp/nfs/http install,etc
- test result is easy to check
- use the network install(or libvirt? does it make sense to run on virtual machines? need confirmation) to finish install tests one by one.
- provide web-based interface to customize testing.In the web page,user can specify the path of ISO,select which cases to run or not,edit(import) kickstart file or automaticly generate kickstart file after give some selected parameters (partition,packages,install method).
- web-based interface help to setup some needed services due to some special cases. Modify,add or delete test cases,
- Test result display page help to check the test result easily,the result format is good for testers to post to specified link(have no need to change a lot before post).
- Any testers from community can install the testing system and run test cases
- After finish testing,testers will post test result to specified wiki
- develop a system to run install system
- convert some of the current install test cases to cases which can be run in auto test system
- Provide a test results presentation layer for manual test result submission
To leave a comment, use the Talk page for this proposal.
Fedora auto-install test project