provide small auto-test system with a web-based interface which can help to customize autoinstall testing.The test system should be small enough for personal use.
The purpose of auto test is to simplify testing,save time, improve efficiency.So the auto-test should help us to solve the following problems:
- the system should be small enough for personal use
- have a very simple interface for user to customize testing or configure testing
- very easy interface for user to setup some services
- test result is easy to check
- use the network install to finish install tests one by one.
- provide web-based interface to customize testing.In the web page,user can specify the path of ISO,select which cases to run or not,edit(import) kickstart file or automaticly generate kickstart file after give some selected parameters (partition,packages,install method).
- web-based interface help to setup some needed services due to some special cases. Modify,add or delete test cases,
- Test result display page help to check the test result easily
- QA Team members (i.e. testers) will need to do regular (daily) testing
- rel-eng will need to move the symlink when requested
- Define requirements for Good vs. Broken
- Write test cases to check each requirement
- Automate test cases wherever possible
- Set up a system (webapp?) to allow testers to submit results for tests that can't be automated
- Public website that shows results of daily rawhide testing
- Set up a known-good rawhide ("chewtoy") link based on those test results
- Publicize a link to the "chewtoy" known-good tree
- Hosting for israwhidebroken.com - or a redirect.
- QA:Rawhide Acceptance Test Plan is used to define Good vs. Broken.
- 12 test cases identified in that test plan are listed here: Category:Rawhide Acceptance Test Cases
- 8 of those test cases have been automated for use with autotest
Need to list requirements / solicit mockups for the webapp.
To leave a comment, use the Talk page for this proposal.