provide small auto-test system with a web-based interface which can help to customize autoinstall testing.The test system should be small enough for personal use.
The purpose of auto test is to simplify testing,save time, improve efficiency.So the auto-test should help us to solve the following problems:
- the system should be small enough for personal use
- have a very simple interface for user to customize testing or configure testing
- very easy interface for user to setup some services
- test result is easy to check
First, we should create test cases for each of the types of breakage described previously. These should be automated or scripted when possible.
These tests should be run regularly (daily if possible) by QA team members and other interested parties. The results should be submitted and displayed prominently on a public website. Kyle McMartin registered israwhidebroken.com for this purpose.
Second: currently we keep copies of several weeks' worth of daily Rawhide trees in the Koji build system. When a tree is deemed good (i.e. when it passes all the tests) someone from QA should file a ticket with rel-eng to create a "known-good" symlink for that rawhide tree. This link should be public and well-known. Someone suggested the name "chewtoy" for this known-good Rawhide.
- QA Team members (i.e. testers) will need to do regular (daily) testing
- rel-eng will need to move the symlink when requested
- Define requirements for Good vs. Broken
- Write test cases to check each requirement
- Automate test cases wherever possible
- Set up a system (webapp?) to allow testers to submit results for tests that can't be automated
- Public website that shows results of daily rawhide testing
- Set up a known-good rawhide ("chewtoy") link based on those test results
- Publicize a link to the "chewtoy" known-good tree
- Hosting for israwhidebroken.com - or a redirect.
- QA:Rawhide Acceptance Test Plan is used to define Good vs. Broken.
- 12 test cases identified in that test plan are listed here: Category:Rawhide Acceptance Test Cases
- 8 of those test cases have been automated for use with autotest
Need to list requirements / solicit mockups for the webapp.
To leave a comment, use the Talk page for this proposal.