JBossAS7 in Fedora marketing collateral
JBoss AS 7 in Fedora Marketing Flyer
This is the brainstorming area for text for a flyer focused on AS 7 in F17.
Fedora and JBoss AS 7
Fedora 17 provides a robust Java application development environment and JBoss AS 7, one of the most popular Java application servers.
JBoss AS 7 is a fast, lightweight, open source application server.
- Blazing fast start up times, courtesy of a highly optimized boot process, concurrent class loading and concurrent service coordinator.
- Classloading done right. AS 7 provides an early preview of Java modularity for true application isolation. It hides server implementation classes from the application and only loads the classes your application needs. Modules, packaged as collections of classes, are peers that remain isolated unless explicitly defined as a dependency of another module.
- Lightweight and scalable due to aggressive menory management.
- User-focused, centralized administration. Manage a multi-server topology (domain mode) or an independent, development server (standalone mode) from a single control point.
- Test applications with ease. AS 7 is integrated with Arquillian. Arquillian, a component model for integration tests that execute inside the real runtime environment, enables you to write tests for just about any use case your application encounters.
New in Fedora 17
- Java 7 runtime (JRE) and development tools (JDK) provided by OpenJDK 1.7.0, the open-source reference implementation of the Java Platform
- JBoss Application Server makes its debut as a package in Fedora
- Effort underway to package the fully-compliant Java EE 6 Web Profile (JPA 2 provided by Hibernate expected soon) and compliant OSGi runtime
- Add-ons to the Web Profile such as the Java Messaging Service (JMS) provided by HornetQ
- A systemd system service to control a standalone instance of JBoss AS
- A commandline interface (jboss-cli) to the JBoss AS management console
- A script (jboss-add-user) to create management and application users for JBoss AS
- A script (jboss-as-cp) to create a unique instance (i.e., server configuration) of JBoss AS in userspace
- JBoss AS container adapters and a JMX-based test protocol for the Arquillian testing platform
Get started with AS 7 in Fedora
In a terminal, install JBoss AS 7 using yum
sudo yum install jboss-as
Start the JBoss AS 7 system service
sudo service jboss-as service
Connect to the JBoss AS 7 management console (system instance)
sudo jboss-cli -c
Stop the JBoss AS 7 system service
sudo service jboss-as stop
Create a user instance of JBoss AS 7
jboss-as-cp -l $HOME/jboss-as-instance
Start the JBoss AS 7 user instance
JBOSS_BASE_DIR=$HOME/jboss-as-instance /usr/share/jboss-as/bin/standalone.sh -c standalone-web.xml
Connect to the JBoss AS 7 management console (user instance)
Learn more about Fedora
Get involved with the Fedora Java SIG