Join the Design Team
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
The [[| Fedora Design Team]] is the design group of the Fedora project. Our interests are not only in creating graphics for use by the Fedora community, but also in advocating the use of the creative tools that are a part of Fedora.
=== Design Team Leader ===
=== Design Team Leader ===
Revision as of 19:45, 27 July 2010
The Fedora Design Team is the design group of the Fedora project. Our interests are not only in creating graphics for use by the Fedora community, but also in advocating the use of the creative tools that are a part of Fedora.
Design Team Leader
How to Join
While filing bug reports and providing feedback is extremely valuable, we also need help with our active projects. If you would like to contribute, please complete the following steps:
Let us get to know you.
- Join the mailing list.
- Introduce yourself to the mailing list; talk about your art/design experience and interests so we'll know what kinds of design tasks you might be interested in helping out with.
- Sign up for a Fedora Account, you'll need it later!
- Complete the Contributor License Agreement (CLA) through the Account System . This will ensure that the contributions you make are properly licensed!
- Claim and complete a design ticket at the design service queue or email the mailing list to be assigned a task.
- Once you've completed an initial draft of your design task, submit it to the mailing list for feedback and approval.
Join the Design Group
Once you've completed the steps above, join the Fedora design group in the account system:
- Make sure you are logged in to your Fedora Account.
- Follow the 'Join a Group' link.
- Find the 'designteam' group and apply for membership.
- Add yourself to the Contributors list .
After you have completed these steps, you can begin contributing to a project as a full member of the design team. Most submissions are posted to the wiki or through CVS. Questions may be asked and suggestions offered by submitting them to the IRC or list server. You can also visit #fedora-design or #fedora-websites on freenode to ask for help.
You can also win design team membership by claiming and completing one of the design team's Bi-weekly Design Bounties. The bounties are posted on Mairin's blog, and are given to the first commenter to claim one.
Fedora Design Team Communication Channels
You can chat live with other members of the Artwork team in the #fedora-art or #fedora-design channel on freenode .
Community Hangout Sites
- All list messages, excerpted texts: http://rss.gmane.org/messages/excerpts/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- Topics from the list, excerpted texts: http://rss.gmane.org/topics/excerpts/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- All list messages, full texts: http://rss.gmane.org/messages/complete/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- Topics from the list, full texts: http://rss.gmane.org/topics/complete/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.artwork
- Fedora Logo - Fedora logo information, including usage guidelines.
- MarketingCollateral - Marketing materials, such as banners, posters, etc. - artwork for practical physical application.
- PromoBanners - Promo Banners and their sources, used for the fedoraproject.org banner system. Please feel free to use these in order to promote Fedora on your own site or blog.
- Widgets - Fedora-specific web/user-interface widgets.
- Theming Overview - Theming documentation.
- Bluecurve Icon Theme - Bluecurve is Fedora's icon theme; it is GPL-licensed and SVG source artwork is available.
- Echo Icon Theme - A new icon theme aiming to replace Bluecurve for Fedora.
- MediaArt - Fedora CD/DVD Media Artwork
- SoC Posters - Google summer of code posters
- T-Shirt Design - T-Shirt graphics created for general use, various events and do-yourself printing.
- Media Gallery - Raw materials created by the art team for use in Fedora collateral. Photos, illustrations, and more.