This page documents a few additional steps to enable building LiveCDs in an existing Koji installation, how to build one, and where the code will grow from here. This is a very new feature and there hasn't been much external testing yet, so please keep that mind if you run into difficulty. For additional questions and information, ask around in #koji on FreeNode IRC and sign up to the right mailing lists as the Koji project website dictates.
Build System Preparation
This section assumes you have know-how required to install and configure a new instance of Koji, and that you have already done so. You can learn how to do so here if you need to. Follow this procedure step by step to get things prepared they way they need to be:
- mkdir /mnt/koji/images: create a directory to put the finished images
- chown apache:apache /mnt/koji/images: let apache read and write to it
- You need a livecd 'channel'. If you're running version 1.3.2 or later, it will already be available. If not, you'll have to add it to the database manually:
sql stuff here
- koji add-host-to-channel <your-host> livecd: add a builder to the livecd channel
- You need a livecd 'permission'. If you're running version 1.3.2 or later, it will already be available. If not, you'll have to add it to the database manually:
sql stuff here
- koji grant-permission livecd <user>: grant the permission to build livecds to a user. This step is optional since admins have all permissions, technically.
- Add a livecd group
- Add a target
Building a LiveCD
(article is being written right now)