L10N Self introduction
The Fedora Localization Project - Introduce Yourself to the L10N Project
When a new writer/editor/maintainer/coordinator joins the Localization Project, we ask that he/she introduces themselves on the trans mailing list. To sign up for the list, visit trans list signup page. The primary purpose of this is to begin the process of building trust by learning about the translator, and downloading their GPG key.
The purpose of all this is to break anonymity and foster real-world community within the project. You are under no obligation to reveal personal secrets. The objective is to establish a level of trust with yourself and the other members of the project. Then tell us what you would want to know about yourself. :-)
Following is an example of how such an email could look like.
A sample structure
- Self-Introduction: Your- Name and Language
- Name: Your-name (use preferred name)
- Location: City, Country (optional)
- Login: FAS user-name (essential)
- Language: Language to translate (essential)
- Profession or Student status: (optional)
- About You: (free format - your info which you feel comfortable to share with others: company, school, other affiliation, historical qualifications, other projects you have worked in the past, level & type of computer skills, any other skills, etc)
- You and the Fedora Project: (free format: other Fedora projects you would be interested, anything you'd like to do, comments & suggestions about L10N project, etc)
- GPG KEYID and fingerprint: (See Creating_GPG_Keys for help and instructions if you don't have a GPG key. Be sure that your GPG key is uploaded to pgp.mit.edu. Use "gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --send-key KEYID". Your GPG fingerprint is 40 hexadecimal characters long, while your KEYID is the last 8 digits. Below is an example of a block of text suitable for cut & paste into your self-introduction e-mail.)
[warren@computer ~] # gpg --fingerprint 54A2ACF1 pub 1024D/54A2ACF1 2002-11-25 Warren Togami (Linux) <email@example.com> Key fingerprint = 785A 304B 08C1 F291 F54F 9A68 6BDD FE8E 54A2 ACF1 sub 2048g/4AD75982 2002-11-25 [expires: 2007-11-24]