The LXDE SIG (Special Interest Group) is a group of Fedora contributors that contribute towards LXDE in Fedora . Their mission is to define a high-quality LXDE experience to Fedora users and developers in maintaining packages, documentation, infrastructure and helping each other in all LXDE related efforts.
Fedora LXDE Spin
- Christoph Wickert (maintains all LXDE packages, Spin)
- Mario Behling (tester)
- Marcus Schulderinsky (tester)
- Sebastian Vahl (tester)
- Marc Wiriadisastra (tester)
- Simon Wesp (tester)
- Edward Kirk (tester)
Joining the SIG
Joining the LXDE SIG is as simple as being part of Fedora and having a love for LXDE. Once you are a contributor to Fedora, you can join the SIG by adding your name above and communicating with the rest of the team in the usual Fedora channels .
How you can help
If you have no idea how to help us with providing a good and qualitative excellent release of LXDE in Fedora here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are so many interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora. Package it to improve the user experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few persons are doing the LXDE-related reviews. Help us reviewing so that more packages could be included.
- Testers: If you love LXDE use the development version or the updates-testing repository and report bugs, bugs, bugs, request enhancements or features. We need your feedback to improve LXDE.
- Bugs: Become a BugZapper and help us with LXDE related bugs.
- Documentation writers: Make sure that documentation of LXDE is high quality and complete in Fedora.
- Release Notes: Help with writing the release notes
- Wiki: Maintain http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LXDE and keep it updated with end user information.
- Artists: To provide a matching theme for nodoka-theme and other LXDE related artwork
We have informal chats about LXDE development in #fedora-devel IRC channel in freenode. Refer to Communicate page for more information.