The LXQt SIG (Special Interest Group) is a group of Fedora contributors that contribute towards LXQt in Fedora. Their mission is to define a high-quality LXQt experience to Fedora users and developers in maintaining packages, documentation, infrastructure and helping each other in all LXQt related efforts.
Fedora LXQt Spin or Remix
Raphael Groner and Christian Dersch initiated the effort to create a Fedora LXQt spin (A installable Live CD) or at least a Remix for Fedora and above releases. It has been released as part of Fedora 26.
Here is a list of requirements to applications to be able for inclusion in the spin.
1. at least one application for each main purpose a desktop environment is used
2. must fit to the requirements LXQt tries to achieve
3. already packaged in Fedora
Some suggestions are listed at our subpage.
- Helio Castro - Lead packager
- Gerald Cox - Tester
- Christian Dersch - packager, spin creator
- Raphael Groner - packager, tester, user
- Patrick Vavrina - Tester
Joining the SIG
Joining the LXQt SIG is as simple as being part of Fedora and having a love for LXQt. Once you are a contributor to Fedora, you can join the SIG by adding your name above and communicating with the rest of the team in the usual Fedora channels .
How you can help
If you have no idea how to help us with providing a good and qualitative excellent release of LXQt in Fedora here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are so many interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora. Package it to improve the user experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few persons are doing the LXQt-related reviews. Help us reviewing so that more packages could be included.
- Testers: If you love LXQt use the development version or the updates-testing repository and report bugs, bugs, bugs, request enhancements or features. We need your feedback to improve LXDE.
- Bugs: Become a BugZapper and help us with LXQt related bugs.
- Documentation writers: Make sure that documentation of LXQt is high quality and complete in Fedora.
- Release Notes: Help with writing the release notes
- Wiki: Maintain http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LXQt and keep it updated with end user information.
- Artists: To provide a matching theme for nodoka-theme (or other??) and also other LXQt related artwork
We have informal chats about generally to Qt related but also special LXQt development in #fedora-kde IRC channel of the freenode network under the blessing of KDE team, but there's also a still inofficial channel #fedora-lxqt to discuss some specific things about LXQt and the spin. Refer to Communicate page for more information.