TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the STIX Fonts-TM set
accompanying this license (collectively, the "Fonts") and the associated documentation files (collectively
with the Fonts, the "Font Software"), to reproduce and distribute the Font Software, including the rights
to use, copy, merge and publish copies of the Font Software, and to permit persons to whom the Font
Software is furnished to do so same, subject to the following terms and conditions (the "License").
2. The following copyright and trademark notice and these Terms and Conditions shall be included in all
copies of one or more of the Font typefaces and any derivative work created as permitted under this License:
Copyright (c) 2001-2005 by the STI Pub Companies, consisting of the American Institute of Physics,
the American Chemical Society, the American Mathematical Society, the American Physical Society, Elsevier,
Inc., and The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Inc. Portions copyright (c) 1998-2003 by
MicroPress, Inc. Portions copyright (c) 1990 by Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved. STIX Fonts-TM is a
trademark of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
3. You may (a) convert the Fonts from one format to another (e.g., from TrueType to PostScript), in
which case the normal and reasonable distortion that occurs during such conversion shall be permitted and
(b) embed or include a subset of the Fonts in a document for the purposes of allowing users to read text in
the document that utilizes the Fonts. In each case, you may use the STIX Fonts-TM mark to designate the
resulting Fonts or subset of the Fonts.
4. You may also (a) add glyphs or characters to the Fonts, or modify the shape of existing glyphs, so
long as the base set of glyphs is not removed and (b) delete glyphs or characters from the Fonts,
provided that the resulting font set is distributed with the following disclaimer: "This [name] font
does not include all the Unicode points covered in the STIX Fonts-TM set but may include others." In each
case, the name used to denote the resulting font set shall not include the term "STIX" or any similar term.
5. You may charge a fee in connection with the distribution of the Font Software, provided that no copy
of one or more of the individual Font typefaces that form the STIX Fonts-TM set may be sold by itself.
6. THE FONT SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT
OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADEMARK OR OTHER RIGHT. IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROPRESS OR ANY OF THE STI PUB
COMPANIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY GENERAL,
SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM OR OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE FONT SOFTWARE OR FROM OTHER DEALINGS IN THE FONT
7. Except as contained in the notice set forth in Section 2, the names MicroPress Inc. and STI Pub
Companies, as well as the names of the companies/organizations that compose the STI Pub Companies, shall
not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other dealings in the Font Software
without the prior written consent of the respective company or organization.
8. This License shall become null and void in the event of any material breach of the Terms and
Conditions herein by licensee.
9. A substantial portion of the STIX Fonts set was developed by MicroPress Inc. for the STI Pub
Companies. To obtain additional mathematical fonts, please contact MicroPress, Inc., 68-30 Harrow Street,
Forest Hills, NY 11375, USA - Phone: (718) 575-1816.