LinuxFest Northwest (LFNW) 2012
LinuxFest NorthWest (LFNW) 2012
- Saturday, April 28th and Sunday, April 29th
- Bellingham Technical College
- Air to BLI, Drive I-5, Rail, Bus or Ferry to Bellingham Port, or Ride-Share
LinuxFest Northwest (LFNW) is the 13th annual premier Linux event in the northwestern U.S. Two days of Linux related talks, exhibition space for clubs and vendors, after-fest event on Saturday and the World Famous Raffle. Besides a thousand linux enthusists this event also attracts local residents who are curious about linux.
Jeff Sandys Ambassador more to come
- Alan Turing: The First 100 years by author George Dyson, Haskell 108, Saturday, 10:00
- Git Deep: A deep dive into Git, an open source VCS by Jesse Keating and Adam Monsen, DMC 118/119, Saturday, 13:30-14:30
- Why Linux Sucks (As Usual) and Why Linux Does Not Suck (Not Even A Little), Haskell 108, Saturday, 13:30 & 14:30
- Linux Logical Volume Manager Advanced Topics Haskell 115, Saturday, 13:30
- Community Organizing for Free Software Activists BoF, Haskell 104, Saturday, 15:30
- Panel Forum ‒ ACLU and EFF Haskell 108, Saturday, 15:30
- An Intro to CrunchBang by Larry Cafiero, Haskell 103, Sunday, 10:00
- Security Enhanced Linux for Mere Mortals by Thomas Cameron, DMC 130, Sunday, 10:00
- Creative camera control under GNU/Linux, Haskell 115, Sunday, 11:00
- Meet Fedora: The Not-So-Miraculous story of a successful community, and where the Fedora Project is today. by Robyn Bergeron, Haskell 103, Sunday 13:30
- Gnome 3 on its own merit BoF, Haskell 104, Sunday, 13:30
- Linux Alternative Rescue Disk Haskell 104, Sunday, 14:30
- Demo Fedora 17 Beta
- kid friendly OLPC
- Fedora-PlantCCRMA music demo
- your idea?
Please add yourself if you're planning to spend at least a little while at the Fedora Booth helping out.
|Second booth volunteer||?||?|
|Who's next? Add yourself here||?||?|
The Second booth volunteer will get a NFNW Tee Shirt, and lunch both days!
I'll have a computer with fedora 16 and 17, my laptop with Planet CCRMA music applications, and a OLPC.
- Presentations due March 1st
|Ambassador team lodging||$376*||Two rooms for two nights (Fri/Sat) at Hampton at the special LFNW rate (~94/night)|
|Ambassador travel expenses||?|
|LFNW sponsorship||$400*||Silver level with 6 foot table|
|Buffer||$200||Cost overruns, etc.|
|Printing||$20||Handouts of presentation times, etc.|
|SWAG?||$0*||USB keys? etc.? (NOTE: not swag already in West Coast event box)|
/*/ Tentative budget items based on estimates; upcoming confirmation of costs and/or additional expenses may change the budget in either direction.
Travel Subsidy Requests
My blog and others will be listed here
- 2012-03-06 - Page created