From Fedora Project Wiki
No edit summary
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 11:11, 2 July 2010
In other languages: English (en) русский (ru) 
Translation man-pages in to Russian.
- project page on Transifex
- project page on SourceForge
- mailing list
About the project
Structure of man-pages
The man-pages sections are traditionally defined as follows:
- man1 - Commands (Programs) - Those commands that can be executed by the user from within a shell.
- man2 - System calls - Those functions which must be performed by the kernel.
- man3 - Library calls - Most of the libc functions.
- man4 - Special files (devices) - Files found in /dev.
- man5 - File formats and conventions - The format for /etc/passwd and other human-readable files.
- man6 - Games
- man7 - Conventions and miscellaneous - Overviews of various topics, conventions and protocols, character set standards, and miscellaneous other things.
- man8 - System management commands - Commands like mount(8), many of which only root can execute.