The Fedora Marketing team develops marketing strategies to promote the usage and support of Fedora worldwide. Through the development of processes and content, this project aims to support the efforts of other Fedora projects to spread Fedora and to provide a central repository of ideas and information that can be used to deliver Fedora to new audiences.
For that, we are closely working with the Fedora Ambassadors, this is the grass-roots team that spreads Fedora on the ground and allows the Fedora Project to interact directly with its existing and prospective users.
Essentially, the Fedora Marketing team ensures that people in Fedora can consistently explain to everyone what Fedora is and why they should care!
- 1 Joining the Fedora Marketing Project
- 2 What's happening
- 3 How can I help the marketing group?
- 4 Resources you can use for marketing purposes
- 5 Marketing HOWTOs
- 6 Projects
- 7 Fedora 12 release deliverables
- 8 Agenda
- 9 Meetings
- 10 Mailing List
- 11 Contributors
Joining the Fedora Marketing Project
To learn how to join Fedora Marketing Project, please see the Join page.
Fedora operates on a time based release schedule. So does Fedora Marketing. We go through several successive phases during each 6-month release cycle, and every phase has different milestones and tasks that you can help with. Check out /Schedule to see where we are and what you can help with right now.
From a more project-management perspective, here's what happens every week.
- Monday - Updating the task list, making sure we're on track with the /Schedule, and getting things done.
- Tuesday - Marketing meetings and getting things done.
- Wednesday - Getting things done!
- Thursday - Getting things done!
- Friday - Writing FWN beat, Task list reminders, and getting things done.
- Saturday - Getting things done!
- Sunday - Getting things done!
How can I help the marketing group?
Here are some of the aspects on which you can work by joining the Fedora marketing group:
- Help spread news on all major development updates, releases, new projects and events related to Fedora. Consider picking one or two stories and alerting the press about it.
- Solicit Linux User Groups members to use and contribute to Fedora.
- Dispel common myths and educate the public about Fedora.
Resources you can use for marketing purposes
These resources will help you take Fedora to the people:
- Fedora Overview
- Fedora 11 talking points
- Fedora 12 talking points
- Fedora press material
- Fedora press archive
- Fedora presentations
- Fedora flyers
- Fedora banners from the Design team
- Fedora T-Shirts, stickers, userbars, buttons and posters designs from the Design team
- Fedora statistics poster
- Social Networks
- /MarketingPlan - slightly outdated, but strategic ideas on Fedora Marketing.
- Follow us on identi.ca and twitter!
- Contributor maps - where are the people in each Fedora group? (Note: These maps do not show Fedora accounts with privacy flags set, or without lat/long coordinates in the Fedora Account System.)
For walkthroughs on common Marketing-related tasks, see Category:Marketing HOWTO - feel free to add your own!
Fedora 12 release deliverables
- Briefing Ambassadors
- Monitoring PR/news from the release
- Fedora news distribution network (NDN)
- The Marketing F12 schedule contains the official agenda of the Fedora Marketing project including the task list.
- The Marketing brain dump is our sandbox for new ideas, thoughts, and future Marketing goals.
Meetings are held weekly, on IRC to discuss the progress of the Fedora Marketing project.
The Fedora Marketing mailing list, firstname.lastname@example.org , hosts discussions related to Marketing. Anyone interested in marketing Fedora should join this list.
The contributors page lists active Fedora Marketing contributors.