The mktg-FAD 2010 is an event intended to plan the marketing' activities in 2010 and to have some fun together.
- 1 Logistics
- 2 Attendees
- 3 Agenda
- 4 Budget
- 5 FAQ
- 6 Media
We will be meeting for 4 days. The dates are Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Tuesday, March 16, 2010. Out-of-towners will fly in Friday, March 12.
We will be meeting in Raleigh, NC.
If you can host visitors, list yourself here, and what you can provide (should guests bring a pillow? certain gender? only couches available? parking? pets? how far are you from the RH office?)
Ride Sharing / Car Pooling
Please fill in your details .
|#||FAS Name &
|Where will you be|
during the FAD?
|7||Pascal Calarco||South Bend, IN|
|8||Paul W. Frields||Raleigh|
|12||Russell Harrison||Raleigh (tentative)|
|13||Neville A. Cross||Raleigh|
|14||Susan Lauber||Raleigh (tentative)|
|16||Chris Grams||Raleigh (part-time)|
For blogs, signatures and the like: buttons! -> later work for artwork ;-)
Other Things we need
- place to sleep
- place for work
We have four days scheduled for working.
Day 1 (Saturday, March 13)
Strategy and Research. Owner is robyn bergeron. This day will be used for:
- Discussing market research data results from upcoming Fedora users survey
- Looking at short-term and long-term strategy, life cycle
- Revisiting (the) Marketing Plan
- Reviewing F12 process, successes etc.
Part of the morning will also likely be used for introductions, figuring out internet access for people, generally getting settled, etc.
Day 2 (Sunday, March 14)
Brand book. We can go two ways on this - if we have enough people we'll split into two teams and pursue both.
Option 1: Working on resources, guidelines, templates, slogans, texts and examples for people creating Fedora marketing materials - drawing from Logo and Legal:Trademark guidelines, etc. as content sources.
Rahul Sundaram is sending a vision draft to the marketing list.
Day 3 (Monday, March 15)
Interviews and filming. Owner: Max Spevack
- interviewing local developers for feature profile videos
- a "What is Fedora?" video explaining the project's community and ecosystem
Day 4 (Tuesday, March 16)
See action items from Kara's "how to monitor PR for a release" class
- Fotoshooting for press-photos and picturebook
- writing some press texts, backgrounder and press-kit
- putting together some kind of marketing plan
The list below is just the collection of items we will discuss about and does not say anything about the time or order they're discussed about.
- F12 - what did we do there
- F13 - how far we are
- Start of release cycle
- Start of release cycle
- upcoming releases
- build up an press and picture archive
- everything else
=> goal: have a big picture of a possible marketing plan we could use during Fedora cycles.
- what is open source marketing?
- events we should go to (as Ambassadors as well)?
- marketing conferences
- RH Summit (Boston)
- FI articles brainstorming
- idea: each article should be tagged with at least one of the four Foundations.
- Fedora-contributions-to-upstream profile(s)
- user stories
- How about something like a conference-Package, T-Shirt or basecap or some other kind of "reminder" of that event? ... maybe there are some RH Backpacks (max carring around some nice ones ;-) ) or other bags laying around in some office with some cool nice tiny black notebooks and some pens with laserpointer or so in it <- makes a nice package ?!
- make some pictures for the picturebook (photoshooting -> theme)
depends on where we are (e.g. springbreak, bikeweek, etc.)
- how to write press releases (see day 4)
- overview over PR in Opensource (talk from Henrik Heigl ) - also on day 4.
- Fedora Handbook - Rahul Sundaram
- trifold brochure
We have a $3k budget for this FAD.
|Name||Coming from||Budget needed||Flight constraints||Status|
|Mel Chua||PIT (coming from another conference)||$0||arriving Delta 4198 11:48pm, departing Delta 1591 10:45am||Funded via another budget, leaving up here for reference.|
|Henrik Heigl||Germany, Saarbrücken (SCN)||$852.34||Arriving US Airways 1917 7:59pm Thursday 3/11, departing US Airways 768 3:45pm Wednesday 3/17.||PURCHASED|
|Robyn Bergeron||PHX||$285.40||Arriving Southwest 621 10:35pm Friday 3/12, departing Southwest 296 3:05pm Wednesday 3/17||PURCHASED|
|Ryan Rix||PHX||$285.40||Arriving Southwest 621 10:35pm Friday 3/12, departing Southwest 296 3:05pm Wednesday 3/17||PURCHASED|
|Neville A. Cross||MIA||$199.40||Arriving AA 1004 12:40pm Friday 3/12, departing AA 1541 7:25pm Tuesday 3/16||PURCHASED|
|Total so far:||$1622.54|
|Your name||Your location||Approximate cost of plane ticket (overestimate, pls)||What's the earliest you can leave and the latest you can return?||pending approval|
Pretty decent hotel rooms in the Raleigh area can be had for $60 a night or less for a double.
|Roommate 1||Roommate 2||Check-in||Check-out||Nights||Cost ($60 x $number_of_nights)|
|Mel Chua||Robyn Bergeron||3/12 (Fri)||3/17 (Wed)||5||$300|
|Ben Williams||Ryan Rix||3/12 (Fri)||3/17 (Wed)||5||$300|
|Paul Frields||Neville Cross||3/12 (Fri)||3/16 (Tue)||4||$240|
|Henrik Heigl||David Nalley||3/11||3/17||6||$360|
|Total so far:||20||$1200|
|SuperShuttle for Henrik from RDU to hotel, as he's coming Thursday night.||$18.00||PURCHASED (needed to go with plane, and under budget)|
|Gas for Paul (driving instead of flying)||$50.00||APPROVED|
|Gas for Ben (driving instead of flying)||$50.00||APPROVED|
|Total so far:||$118.00|
- How many days do we have for work?
- some leisure day? ideas for the fun parts...
- Hockey game!
Here is a Place where anybody can place the media from the Event (Blogentrys, press texts, flickr Photostream, etc.). If your BlogEntry or Photo is missing here, please add it.