Meeting:Community Architecture 2008-04-07
Max Spevack, Greg DeKoenigsberg, Jack Aboutboul, Paul Frields, Michael Tiemann
- summer internships.
- a little Fedora EMEA work.
- lots of budget work.
- Ambassadors and FAMSCo stuff.
- News Council call.
- Community presentation to marketing team.
- statistics, artwork, chasing down a variety of things.
- continue tracking down the TAM angle with Iain.
- University tour -- BU, MIT, Northeastern, Harvard.
- Paul Frields gave a video conference speech at a conference in India. Over 100 folks in attendance.
- Still trying to figure out money for the conference in India.
- Discuss GUADEC & Libre Graphics Meetings.
- Jack's expense reports.
- How's the rest of the quarter looking?
- Chatted with Paul a bit about a few release-month logistical questions:
- OpenJDK and Sun.
- Ubuntu's release just a few days ahead of us. They set their date *after* we set ours, but they chose to release a few days ahead of us.
University tour (Jack)
- Met with Computer Science department chair, open to idea of a course.
- A few BU students who had been to FUDCon showed up.
- Met with some folks from the linguistics department.
- Lots of interest, John Flanagan and Jesse spoke there recently.
- what are we upstream for?
- follow up with Kara on interviews for Paul on the release.
- intern contracts.
- college scholarship.
- follow up with jrb about GUADEC.
- I2 problems in RDU, Spot and Paul are also somewhat involved with this.
- Prep for talk in Charleston.
- chatting with the issue tracker folks about potentially open-sourcing it.
- folks are looking for official support for cobbler.
- partner manager inside RH for Alcatel.
- get all the contacts and leads on the wiki.
- keep blogging.
- formal news story with the PR team.
- continue assessing the situation and opportunities in APAC.
- Greg leaves for Charleston on Tuesday, FISL on Wednesday.
- CLA and improved Join process.