Create a Messaging infrastructure within the Fedora Project to facilitate communication, interaction, and integration between services within the Fedora Infrastructure.
We're currently in the planning stage of the SIG. Bringing interested people together to flesh out the who, what, where, when, and how.
- #fedora-admin and #fedora-devel on Freenode IRC
- Slides from a talk given at Linux Fest Northwest 2009 by Jesse Keating
None yet, need to work out a timeline for implementing a Messaging system.
Things to add to schedule in order to implement this
- setup a qpid server in publictest infrastructure
- Figure out how QMF fits into our plans
- Design notification server to interact with the bus, receiving messages and sending notifications out
- lmacken mentioned that a moksha plugin might be suitable for this
- Figure out how people can change their notification settings -- should the settings be in the apps and then the notification server polls the apps for updates? Or should the apps redirect people to the notification server?
- setup notification server on publictest infrastructure
- migrate qpid and notification server to stg.
- port apps to use notification server
- koji plugin
- pkgdb change
- fas? (Or is this essential enough that it should stay in fas?)
- cvs commit mail
- Bring people into the SIG
- Discuss high level goals of the SIG
- Create a schedule
- Define an object & event messaging model
Links to documentation and project pages for the various tools we'll be using.