Building freestyle project in Jenkins.
- Ensure that the Jenkins is running
How to test
- open http://localhost:8080 in your web browser
- click "New item"
- enter name for a new item: "project1"
- choose "Freestyle project" type
- click "OK"
- in "Build" section, choose "Execute Shell" from "Add build step" drop-down menu
- paste 'echo "Build successful!"' into a newly created textarea
- click "Save"
- click "Build Now"
- you should see a new entry in "Build history"
- the ball representing status of the last build should be blue
- blue means success in Jenkins
- clicking on the ball should show console output from given build:
Started by user anonymous Building in workspace /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/project1/workspace [workspace] $ /bin/sh -xe /tmp/hudson5548796080979748704.sh + echo 'Build Successful!' Build Successful! Finished: SUCCESS