- Ensure that Jenkins is running.
- You will need virtual machine with SSH access for this test (or another physical machine)
How to test
- go to http://localhost:8080/computer/new
- enter node name: "slave1" and select "Dumb Slave" option
- click OK
- set "Remote root directory" to "/tmp/jenkins"
- make sure that "Launch method" is set to "Launch slave agents on Unix machines via SSH"
- set "Host" to your VM's hostname/IP
- click "Save"
- user shouldn't encounter any error messages or stacktraces, everything should work as described.