(move to OpenStack category)
|Line 125:||Line 125:|
Revision as of 06:08, 25 April 2012
OpenStack consists of a number services for running IaaS clouds. This includes Object Store (Swift), Compute (Nova) and Image (Glance) services, among others.
See Getting started with OpenStack Nova for details on how to try out the OpenStack packages on Fedora 16.
OpenStack has a preview repository, allowing Fedora N-1 users to try out OpenStack packages from the latest Fedora release. This is similar to the Virtualization Preview Repository.
Currently this targets Fedora 16.
Preview packages may be installed using yum after performing the following step:
$> cd /etc/yum.repos.d/ $> wget http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/apevec/openstack-preview/fedora-openstack-preview.repo
OpenStack in Fedora 17
The following features are proposed for Fedora 17:
- Features/OpenStack Essex
- Features/OpenStack Horizon
- Features/OpenStack Quantum
- Features/OpenStack using libguestfs
- Features/OpenStack using Oz for image building
- Features/OpenStack using virtual watchdog
- Features/OpenStack using Qpid
- openstack-swift (bugs)
- openstack-glance (bugs)
- openstack-nova (bugs)
- openstack-keystone (bugs)
- openstack-quantum (bugs)
- python-django-horizon (bugs)
- python-novaclient (bugs)
- python-nova-adminclient (bugs)
- python-quantumclient (bugs)
- python-keystoneclient (bugs)
- openstack-tempo (bugs)
- openstack-swift (done)
- openstack-nova (done)
- openstack-glance (done)
- openstack-keystone (done)
- openstack-quantum (done)
- python-django-horizon (done)
- python-nova-adminclient (done)
- python-novaclient (done)
- python-quantumclient (done)
- python-keystoneclient (done)
- openstack-tempo (done)
Packaging in progress:
- openstack-melange - network information service (Bob Kukura)
- openvswitch userspace (Chris Wright)
Rather than recommending users to download pre-built Ubuntu images in Getting_started_with_OpenStack Nova, we should have a set of official Fedora images like Cloud_SIG/EC2_Images. These should be built using similar process to the EC2 images.
- noVNC - a HTML5 VNC client
- openstack-reddwarf - database as a service (will be part of openstack-nova?
- crowbar - OpenStack deployment service and chef wrapper
On the shelf for now:
- openstack-burrow - message queue
- Burrow development seems to have halted a while back when the main dev stopped working on it
Some of Ubuntu's stuff may be useful to compare against:
- Ubuntu OpenStack packaging wiki
- Ubuntu OpenStack packaging mailing list
- Ubuntu cloud images
- OpenStack Beginner's Guide on Ubuntu 11-10
OpenStack Official Documentation
OpenStack in EPEL
The Diablo version of openstack is in EPEL 6, supporting RHEL 6.2. Also included in these packages are backports of various fixes and libguestfs file injection support.
You can drill down to the latest "el6" version of each of the openstack packages to see, the latest versions available and associated changes.
The following ancillary EPEL packages were added/updated to support the openstack packages: