Ovirt Node Spin
oVirt Node is a small scaled down version of Fedora used solely to hosts virtual machine guests.
- Name: Joey Boggs
- email: email@example.com
Moving to F16 target, the spin did not make it into Fedora 12 due to the current level of blacklisting.( Updated kickstart will remove blacklisting)
oVirt Node is a small host image that provides libvirt service via KVM to hosts virtual machines. The Ovirt node can be run in standalone mode or in conjunction with different management servers, a web-based virtual machine management console. The ovirt Node Image is a livecd-based image that can be installed to the hosts physical storage, or run as a live image off a cd or usb key.
Benefit to Fedora
Easy way for users of Fedora and oVirt to download an oVirt NodeiImage. This lessens the difficulty by not requiring the user to build an ISO image or being distributed in a RPM.
- upstream: http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=ovirt/node.git;a=summary
- already made: http://huff.fedorapeople.org/ovirt-node-recipe.ks (temporary)
ISO Name / FS Label
- FS Label: Fedora-16-x86_64-Ovirt-Node
- ISO Name: Fedora-16-x86_64-Ovirt-Node.iso
Updated virt-manager from upstream for a text based ui of vm management
Scope / Testing
- UPDATE ****
Test oVirt node in standalone mode: 1. Boot livecd 2. Configure the node: networking, hostname, and such. 3. Launch local management tools, create a vm
- UPDATE ****
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:Ovirt_Node_Image
- #ovirt (oftc)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (public mailing list)