(Add new subcategory - Formal methods)
(→Formal Methods WishList: Add KeY)
|Line 206:||Line 206:|
Additional CAS tools, like Axiom, Yacas, and SAGE would be helpful too.
Additional CAS tools, like Axiom, Yacas, and SAGE would be helpful too.
See the Wheeler paper (above) for
See the Wheeler paper (above) for , , what they do, etc.
Revision as of 22:20, 29 May 2008
Refer to the list or unmaintained and orphaned packages . This would be a good place to bring back into Fedora repositories packages where the original maintainer has moved on.
General Fedora Packages WishList
As a current contributor, if you know of projects that would be appropriate in Fedora package collection but are unable to maintain yourself just drop them with a line here. This list can be used to give other contributors ideas on what to package next. Please be aware however that the number of high quality, well maintained packages that Fedora repository provides scales with the number of active contributors. It is just as important to encourage new contributors as it is to desire new packages. If you are not yet a contributor to the Fedora packaging process, please look over this list and see if there are any projects you would be willing to maintain for the Fedora community.
If are interested in contributing to Fedora package collection, take a look at PackageMaintainers
- ACE - An OO network programming toolkit in C++
- AleVT Teletext/Videotext browser for bttv tv cards
- Alfresco Enterprise content management system
- Apertium Toolbox to build shallow-transfer machine translation systems(contact #apertium channel in freenode network).
- APF (Advanced Policy Firewall) - iptables(netfilter) based firewall system
- Asterisk GUI GUI for managing Asterisk servers.
- Axiom - general purpose system for symbolic calculations.
- Blogbridge - Blog and rss reader (in Java)
- bltk - Battery Life Tool Kit is a set of scripts and programs to monitor and log power consumption of Linux laptops/notebooks under different workloads (HuzaifaSidhpurwala is working on it)
- Bongo - Bongo is an easy-to-use mail and calendar system. Fork of Hula. (Review Request (Dropped))
- BrOffice.org - BrOffice.org is the official brazilian release of OpenOffice.org .
- CcHost - Creative Commons CMS that powers ccMixter
- chesnut-dialer A feature-rich Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) dialer written in Python (Review Request )
- CSpace - Secure, decentralized Peer-to-Peer instant messaging (Review request (dropped) )
- clonezilla - opensource clone system
- DansGuardian - Web content filter solution (not a free-enough software -  ??)
- dimdim - open source web meeting product with features like Application, Desktop and Presentation sharing with A/V streaming and chat
- Enigmail - OpenPGP/GnuPG extension for Mozilla Thunderbird and Seamonkey
- Entertainer Is a clutter based media center
- Evergreen ILS - open source Integrated Library System (ILS)
- FreeMind - Free mind-mapping software. JPackage SRPM available: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7118&package_id=161830&release_id=574721 . jcalendar only required dependency we don't yet have.
- gcvs - Graphical frontend to cvs
- GEONExT - dynamic mathematics software for teaching and learning mathematics. Written in Java, licensed under GPLv2. Source code can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GeoGebra - free and multi-platform dynamic mathematics software for schools that joins geometry, algebra and calculus. Program released under GPL, documentation under some CC non commercial license so we can't ship the documentation.
- gestikk - Mouse Gesture Recognition, depends on xdotool . Packaging seems easy for both softwares.
- g15tools - linux support to the g15 keyboard
- GForge - GForge is a software for collaborative development for the software community
- GimpShop - GimpShop is a fork of gimp for more compatibility with a commercial image editing program.
- gksu & gksudo Sudo (superuser do) allows a system administrator to give certain users (or groups of users) the ability to run some (or all) commands as root or another user while logging the commands and arguments.
- glParchis -- Parcheesi
- Gnu Linux Semantics Storage System - A storage solution that distances you from thinking about Where you store your data to What your data is.
- Gnome Menu Extended . Show KDE menu in GNOME. Complimentary to kmenu-gnome.
- GNS3 - GNS3 is a graphical network simulator that allows you to design complex network topologies and to launch simulations on them.
- GNU Bayonne 1 and 2 - Telephony servers
- GPRS Easy Connect - GUI for GPRS connecting and supports 704 phones and 269 providers.
- Gnusound - audio editor.
- Gyache Enhanced - A full-featured Yahoo client for LINUX with voice chat and webcam support
- guppy is an application to download videos from the Topfield TF5000PVRt.
- http_replicator a smart caching proxy ideal for use with apt/yum
- Hyperic HQ - an advanced system and application management platform
- iFolder - requires simias (Review Request )
- IMDbPy - do IMDB searches in Python, RPM package available in the downloads.
- InstallJammer - InstallJammer is a multiplatform GUI installer designed to be completely cross-platform
- ipplan - ipplan is a web-based application for managing IP address allocations
- Irrlicht - lightning fast realtime 3D engine.
- Jing - Jing is James Clarks' RELAX-NG XML schema validator. Example RPMs at authors site, works with gcj.
- JOSM - JOSM is the "Java Open Street Map Editor"
- kbfx - kbfx is an alternative to the classical K-Menu button and it's menu.
- kBuild - Build Enviroment, needed for VirtualBox (Review Request )
- KForge - For managing software and knowledge projects.
- KLogic - KLogic is an application for building and simulating digital circuits easily
- KMyFirewall - an IPTables based firewall configuration tool
- l7-filter - L7-filter is a classifier for Linux's Netfilter that identifies packets based on application layer data.
-  KPrayertime Islamic Prayer Times Applet
- Lazarus Lazarus is the class libraries for Free Pascal that emulate Delphi (Review request ).
- libmspack A library for Microsoft compression formats. If this library is accepted cabextract should link against it.
- liferay is a open source java based portal application.
- livebackup - LiveBackup is a framework to create live-cd's from installed Linux systems
- Magento - Magento is a new professional open-source eCommerce solution offering unprecedented flexibility and control.
- MapGuide - web-based platform for developing and deployment web mapping applications and geospatial web services.
- mb2md - Perl script for converting Unix mailboxes to Maildir format
- Mercurial Eclipse - hg Eclipse plugin
- mined Unicode text editor
- mixmaster Anonymous remailer client and server
- Mondo Rescue inclusion - Review Request
- Misfitmodel3d - Misfit Model 3D is an OpenGL-based 3D model editor that works with triangle-based models (for SPEC/SRPM contact DanHorak)
- mpd mpc is available, just mpd is missing. NOTE : mpd can't be included as-is in Fedora, because it needs libmad (the MP3 decoding library). The tarball even contains a copy of the libmad code.
- MPlayer - MPlayer media player. --/legal/mplayer.html legal analysis
- MythTV is a homebrew PVR project
- MoBlock - A Peerguardian compatible connection blocker
- Monsoon - A MonoTorrent based GTK# BitTorrent client
- NagiosGrapher - Nagios Stats graphing.
- NAT-PT - Network Address Translation, Protocol Translation IPv4/IPv6 - allows IPv6-only networks to connect to IPv4-only networks (based on RFC 2766)
- NSCA - Nagios NSCA client/server application - (Review request )
- nethogs - NetHogs is a small 'net top' tool. Instead of breaking the traffic down per protocol or per subnet, like most tools do, it groups bandwidth by process.
- nss_updatedb - Maintains a local cache of network directory user and group information.
- ntop inclusion (Review Request )
- noteedit - Free music score editor
- nvram-wakeup - Reads and writes the wakeup time in the BIOS
- onBoard - onscreen virtual keyboard
- OnTV - A TV scheduler using XMLTV backends
- OpenGroupware - Groupware software
- openlp.org - Display words for songs, for use in churches
- OpenProj - A desktop replacement of Microsoft Project
- oprofileui - An excellent GTK GUI for the oprofile system profiler
- paint-mono - An unofficial effort to port Paint.NET 3.0 to Linux using Mono
- Parcellite - lightweight GTK+ clipboard manager (Review request )
- PHP openid library
- PKCS #11 engine , PKCS #11 library OpenSC addons
- pligg is a digg like CMS that uses PHP and MySQL.
- pmtools Tools for examining kernel ACPI tables
- PPTP-Config - PPTP - config program part of the pptp. Already has FC6 packages.
- Prettify Automake - pretty automake output
- pspp - program for statistical analysis of sampled data.
- PyPE PyPE (Python Programmers' Editor) is an editor written in Python with the wxPython GUI toolkit.
- PyTraffic - A free implementation of the Rush Hour puzzle.
- python-egenix-mxdatetime - date and time handling routines for Python
- Qemu Launcher - A graphical front-end to easily configure, store, and la Runch Qemu virtual machines
- Remoot - the pseudo-universal remote control wrapper. Wrapper around many apps.
- Remuco - a Remote control server, for mobile phones, similar to Bemused and Salling Clicker
- ROOT - Popular high-energy physics data analysis framework
- Simdock - is a fast and customizable dockbar which fits well in Gnome but works on most desktop environments. Does not require Compiz nor 3D acceleration.
- Songbird - Media Player/Browser (Depends pretty heavily on mp3, flash support, ogg support appears broken, other than that some media player and browser functionality exists)
- speedcontrol - Small utility to limit DVD drive speed, since most DVD readers sound like lawn mowers at full speed which ruins movie playing experience
- SQuirreL SQL - Graphical Java program that will allow you to view the structure of a JDBC compliant database, browse the data in tables, issue SQL commands
- Stet - is a free software package for gathering comments about a text document via a webpage
- Stylus Toolbox - A graphical frontend for managing the functions of Epson Ink Jet printers - including checking ink levels and print head cleaning/alignment.
- Suhosin - An advanced protection system for PHP installations.
- synfig - Film quality 2D vector animation now under GPL
- system-config-control Central control panel for system-config-* tools.
- Tasque - A simple task manager
- tcpflow - tcpdump-like TCP flows decoder; heavyweight Wireshark can be currently used instead.
-  THDL input methods for Tibetan, Dzongkha, Lhadaki
- Tkabber - Free and Open Source client for the Jabber instant messaging system writen in Tcl/Tk.
- TPTP - Eclipse Test & Performance Tools Platform
- Trang - Trang is James Clark's multi-format schema converter based on RELAX-NG. Example RPMs available at authors site and has been checked with gcj.
- TrueCrypt - Free open-source disk encryption software for Linux. Version 5 now includes a WxWidgets Gui and uses Fuse instead of kernel modules for the filesystem parts. Thus, inclusion to Fedora should be possible. Requires some fixing in Main/Main.make to build against Fedora's WxWidgets.
- TuxShop point of sale and retail management application. (Does not appear to be open source - cannot see evidence of OSI-approved license)
- Unicode Character Database Unicode.org UNIDATA files are used by many packages (perl, gucharmap, etc) in private-copy mode. A common package would be cleaner technically and legally.
- Vigor - XMMS plugin that acts like Clippy. Fun!
- VirtualBox - Free Virtual Machine suite from InnoTek ( Collaboration webpage )
- Visual Python - a Python module that offers real-time 3D output, and is easily usable by novice programmers
- Wine-doors - an application designed to make installing windows software on Linux
- Webmin (web-front end to shorewall) - Review Request (dropped) (NB: Webmin had a rather doubtful security record in the past -- NilsPhilippsen)
- WideStudio an open source, Integrated Development Environment for desktop applications
- xjparse - an XML/XSD validator
- XPad - Sticky note app - Review request (dropped)
- zenoss - Open Source Monitoring Tool
- speechd - Device-independent speech synthesis layer (perhaps useful for OLPC?)
Fedora Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) WishList
Fedora Fonts Packages WishList
Edit this list on its dedicated page .
This category lists fonts identified as likely candidates for Fedora integration. To add an entry, just create a new wiki page using the current template. This page explains the easy steps needed to gain wiki editing access.
Additionally, if you need inspiration:
- the localization team may have requested new fonts on its dedicated page,
- several public lists can be mined for new ideas.
To package one of those fonts, change its page as documented in the Packager notes of the template. Then follow the usual Fedora packaging process. You can find font-specific packaging tips on our packaging page.
The whole lifecycle of a font package is described there.
Fedora Perl Packages Wishlist
Catalyst::Model::Adaptor - Use a plain class as a Catalyst model @ RHBZ #742538 Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::HTTP - HTTP Basic and Digest authentication for Catalyst @ RHBZ #742549 Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::DBIC - Store your sessions via DBIx::Class @ RHBZ #742555 CatalystX::Profile - Profile your Catalyst application with Devel::NYTProf @ RHBZ #742557 CatalystX::REPL - Read::eval::print::loop for debugging your Catalyst application @ RHBZ #742559 CatalystX::SimpleLogin - Provide a simple Login controller which can be reused @ RHBZ #742560 Catalyst::ActionRole::ACL - User role::based authorization action class @ RHBZ #742542 HTML::FormHandler - HTML forms using Moose @ RHBZ #742543 MooseX::RelatedClassRoles - Apply roles to a class related to yours @ RHBZ #742545 CatalystX::InjectComponent - Inject components into your Catalyst application @ RHBZ #742552
Task::Moose -- Moose extensions thought of as "standard."
- Task::Kensho - "A Glimpse at an Enlightened Perl"
Task::Kensho::Exceptions RHBZ #822881 Task::Kensho::OOP RHBZ #822878 Task::Kensho::Testing RHBZ #689477 Task::Kensho::Toolchain RHBZ #689797 Task::Kensho::Logging RHBZ #844670 Task::Kensho::Async RHBZ #1415662 Task::Kensho::XML RHBZ #1416492
- Task::Kensho::WebDev - not packaged - CGI::FormBuilder::Source::Perl
Task::Kensho::WebCrawling RHBZ #1428820
perl5i Perl5i @ RHBZ #998496+ dependancies: autobox::Core @ RHBZ #730031 autobox::dump @ RHBZ #730033 autobox::List::Util @ RHBZ #730034 autovivification @ RHBZ #730037 Child @ RHBZ #730038 DateTime::Format::Epoch @ RHBZ #730043 DateTime::TimeZone::Tzfile @ RHBZ #751809 indirect @ RHBZ #730069 Modern::Perl @ RHBZ #722653 Object::ID @ RHBZ #998235 Perl6::Caller @ RHBZ #998434 Taint::Util @ RHBZ #998447 true @ RHBZ #998465
- Bricolage - Content Management System (CPAN: Bundle::Bricolage)
- Alzabo - Data modelling tool (CPAN: Alzabo) - The web page does exist anymore, the distribution on the CPAN is abandoned.
Encode::HanExtra - Extra encodings for Encode (for w3c-markup-validator) @ RHBZ #759758 Encode::JIS2K - Extra encodings for Encode (for w3c-markup-validator) @ RHBZ #759760
- IMC - Idealx Management Console - upstream vanished.
- All dependencies should already be in Fedora.
- StevenPritchard has put some work into this already.
PlRPC - A bundle to install PlRPC-Server, Client and prerequisites. NetPacket::SpanningTree - Assemble and disassemble IEEE 802.3 LLC protocol packets. @ RHBZ #573917 Inline::Python - Place python code inline with perl, or use python classes/functions within perl @ RHBZ #1234791 App::Rad - Rapid (and easy!) creation of command line applications @ RHBZ #1415201
- Net::Sharktools - Use Wireshark's packet dissection engine from Perl (draft specfile); doesn't work with Wireshark 1.6; works with Wireshark 1.4
Method::Signatures - To make subroutine calls easier to read RHBZ #832810 MCE - Many-core Engine for Perl providing parallel processing capabilities RHBZ #1162531 ZeroMQ - Perl wrapper of the 0MQ message passing library. @ RHBZ #747674 Dist-Zilla-Plugins-CJM - Additional useful Dist::Zilla plugins @ RHBZ #1416158 Data-Dump-Color - We already package Data::Dump, this is even better. RHBZ #1140223
- ALSA-MIDI - the ALSA library, plus some interface functions
- Bio::SCF dependency of already packaged perl-Bio-Graphics
Fedora Games Packages WishList
If you want to add games to the list do so on the Fedora Games SIG WishList .
Fedora Astronomy Packages WishList
If you want to add astronomy related packages to the list do so on the Fedora Astronomy SIG WishList .
Web Hosting Control Panels
Analysis of Free software web hosting control panels available for packaging in Fedora.
Edit at SIGs/SciTech/BioinformaticsWishList .
- Autodock Vina - Tool for drug discovery, molecular docking and virtual screening. There's a package under http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/loveshack/livhpc/
COPASI - Simulation and analysis of biochemical networks and their dynamics, supports SBML standard for modelsSee COPASI
- Cytoscape - Platform for the analysis and visualization of complex networks, in particular molecular interaction networks and biological pathways
- GENtle - DNA restriction analysis and cloning tool similar to VectorNTI
- Integrative Genomics Viewer - java-based graphical genomics viewer (licensed under GPLv2)
- MIRA - Genome fragment assembler for sequencing projects classified as 'hard' due to high number of similar repeats. Uses non-free jlfgr -- see Debian packaging.
- NCBI BLAST and other tools - The Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST) finds regions of local similarity between sequences.
- ncbi-blast+ packaged by jkaluza - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=999383
- NCBI C Toolkit - NCBI libraries and tools for biology applications srpm here
- NCBI C++ Toolkit - a new generation of NCBI libraries and tools for biology
- pyQPCR - qPCR analysis tool
- Staden - sequence handling and analysis software developed at the Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
- Taverna - Tool for automation of experimental workflows.
- The WFDB Software Package - Software for viewing, analyzing, and creating recordings of physiologic signals
Formal Methods WishList
The paper "High Assurance (for Security or Safety) and Free-Libre / Open Source Software (FLOSS)... with Lots on Formal Methods" by David A. Wheeler lists lots of tools that can help develop "high assurance" software, particularly "formal methods" tools. Wheeler is working with several people to package some of these for Fedora, but the more the merrier!
Some of these tools include:
- Why / Caduceus / Krakatoa
- Alloy (from MIT)
- BLAST, at http://mtc.epfl.ch/software-tools/blast/ (don't use the obsolete version at Berkeley)
- HOL 4
- HOL Lite
Additional CAS tools, like Axiom, Yacas, and SAGE would be helpful too.
See the Wheeler paper (above) for project URLs, license info, what they do, etc.