A press kit, often referred to as a media kit in business environments, is a pre-packaged set of promotional materials of a person, company, or organization distributed to members of the media for promotional use. They are often distributed to announce a release or for a news conference.
- Backgrounder with information on the project (if specific) and/or Fedoraproject itself
- Fact Sheet listing specific features, statistics, etc
- Past Press Coverage (archive)
- Photos or other images (high resolution) of members, logos, products, etc.
- A press release detailing the current news the media kit is sent in reference to
- Media contact information (usually of a public relations department or spokesperson)
- A USB-Stick, CD, DVD, Software title, video, etc. as appropriate for the sender of the release
--wonderer 15:53, 19 March 2010 (UTC)