A press kit, often referred to as a media kit in business environments, is a pre-packaged set of promotional materials of a person, company, or organization distributed to members of the media for promotional use. They are often distributed to announce a release or for a news conference.
- Backgrounder with information on the project (if specific) and/or Fedoraproject itself (Backgrounder module)
- Fact Sheet listing specific features, statistics, etc. (Feature module)
- Past Press Coverage (archive)
- Photos or other images (high resolution) of members, logos, products, etc.
- A press release detailing the current news the media kit is sent in reference to
- Media contact information (usually of a public relations department or spokesperson)
- A USB-Stick, CD, DVD, Software title, video, etc. as appropriate for the sender of the release
all of the modules mentioned above could be put together to a folder that can be send to the press agencys, PR Office, etc. and if usable also a CD/DVD or USB-Stick with the modules in an electronic form.
Allways deliver presstexts and deliverables for USB-stick, CD/DVD, E-Mail, etc. in several formats (be aware: not all PR people will using OpenSource Software!) and choose wich ones will be the best for your client. The best ways to have those prepared for will be
- plain text (*.txt)
- pictures, photos and Logos as JPG (72 to 300dpi) and as tif (300dpi)
- additional the source in Openoffice, Inkscape, etc. for our own archive
press kit archive
- Press Kit F12 - Link
- Press Kit F13 - Link
- Press Kit F14 - Link
--wonderer 15:53, 19 March 2010 (UTC)