(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Latest revision as of 16:28, 24 May 2008
|Fedora Projects Weekly Report : 13 Feb 2006|
|Report Writers & Translators|
|Core||Extras||Ambassadors & Marketing||Documentation||Kadischi||L10N|
|Table of Contents|
- ChristopherAillon - Just a note that all the dependencies of gstreamer08 are gone from Core, and we will be removing gstreamer08 soon from Core.
- New packages added to Fedora Extras: perl-Font-TTF, gnomebaker, xpilot-ng, commoncpp2, cacti, perl-Math-GMP, perl-Tie-EncryptedHash, perl-Crypt-DSA, sblim-wbemcli, sblim-testsuite, sblim-cmpi-devel, perl-Log-Log4perl, sblim-cmpi-devel, docbook2X, evas, bzr, freehdl, ecore, gnolin
- Major Topics in this weeks FESCo meeting :
- Fedora Extras RPMs should have Vendor and Packager
- Mass rebuild of Extras for FC5
- Encourage Extras reviews
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Review days
- EOL Policy for FE
- Highlights from fedora-extras-list
- FE package status Tue Feb 7 2006 -- see also this new page in the wiki
- Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras development
- extras maintainence
- Summary from yesterdays FESCo-Meeting
- Circular dependencies
|Ambassadors & Marketing|
 Ambassadors & Marketing
- ThomasChung - Fedora Project participation at Southern California Linux Expo was successful. WarrenTogami, EricHattemer and ThomasChung were present at the Fedora Booth for two days (Feb 11-12) to answer any question on Fedora Project as well as distributing Fedora Project Overview Handouts, Fedora Core 4 DVDs and Fedora Project T-Shirts.
- ThomasChung - WarrenTogami also gave a talk on what Fedora is about, why it is important to the future of Open Source Software, and how you can get involved. The presentation slides are available in Fedora Presentations page.
- ChristopherBlizzard, GregDeKoenigsberg, RahulSundaram, SankarshanMukhopadhyay, SatishMohan and various people from the Red Hat Banglore Engineering team were part of FUDCon Delhi 2006 as speakers and booth organisers. Fedora Presentations are available in the wiki now. Fedora won the best community distribution LFY awards. Overall a very exciting and informative conference for everyone involved.
|Kadischi Weekly Report : 13 February 2006|
- EssienIta posted a patch for install-boot.sh to support rhgb in his mail
- ChitleshGoorah announced in his blog that ["Kadischi"] is tuned for Fedora Core 5 Test 2. He also described briefly about the patches related to Fedora Core 5 Test 2.
- The wiki page Kadischi/Development which applies only to FC5 Test platform testers describes how ["Kadischi"] can be run in order to build Fedora Core 5 Test 2 based LiveCDs
- A new contributor has joined in the team. He is EssienIta from Nigeria. Welcome, on behalf of the other contributors .
- Documentation team is preparing PO based Translation Method for documentation.
This section captures other general discussions of interest to the Fedora users and developers.
 Community Contributors
We, the Fedora Community members strive to bring the latest updates on the Fedora Project to you in a timely manner and in a crisp style. If you like this report and would like to contribute towards it by adding more content, translate this report or cover one of the several Fedora sub projects, you can refer to Contribute page for more information or contact the editor for help. Thank you for your interest in the Fedora Project
|Report Writers & Translators|
 Report Writers & Translators
 Report Archives
Archives Are Avaliable at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/WeeklyReports/Archive
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/WeeklyReports will always redirect to the latest report from the Fedora Project.