(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 16:29, 24 May 2008
|Fedora Projects Weekly Report : 27 February 2006|
|Report Writers & Translators|
|Core||Extras||Ambassadors & Marketing||Documentation||Kadischi||L10N|
|Table of Contents|
- New packages added to Fedora Extras: charis-fonts, doulos-fonts, dap-server, dap-netcdf_handler, perl-Gtk2-Spell, dap-hdf4_handler, dap-freeform_handler, mod_geoip, cfv, TurboGears, python-GeoIP, itk, Sprog, bwidget, iwidgets, tile, openmpi, tong, kst
- Major Topics in this weeks FESCo meeting :
- Kernel module standardization
- Mass rebuild of Extras for FC5
- EOL Policy for FE
- separate extras-ml-list for bugzilla spam
- Mass rebuild of extras/development for FE5 in progress -- see the announce-mail for details
- Highlights from fedora mailinglists regarding Fedora Extras
- Anjuta - change of maintainer
- FC-4 Extras buildsystem breakage details
- Review Rules and staticly linked packages agains dietlibc
- Frustrated package submitters?
- Non-free Extras
- Not for commercial use licenses / seprate repo
|Ambassadors & Marketing|
Ambassadors & Marketing
- Fedora Ambassadors Meeting Minutes 2006-02-23
- RahulSundaram reports in his participation and experience in FUDCon Delhi 2006 as Fedora Ambassador India.
- ThomasCanniot reports his participation and experience in FOSDEM 2006 as Fedora Ambassador France.
- Welcome New Ambassadors: KushalDas, DavidNalley, SurenKarapetyan
- The Release Notes have been frozen for translation. This version of the Release Notes will be included on the ISO images for Fedora Core 5. The master copy of the Release Notes on the Wiki will be reopened to allow late-breaking updates to be available on-line.
- The process of migrating the Wiki to the OPL license has been completed.
- KarstenWade announces BobJensen will take over Editor-in-Chief role for the release notes.
|Kadischi Weekly Report : 27 February 2006|
- There is an undergoing work on the integration of squashfs in Kadischi
- LuyaTshimbalanga contacted the Berry Linux developer for more information on the integration of squashfs
- Brenton Rothchild proposed the idea of running the livecd entire from ramdisk.
- Brenton Rothchild also proposed through a list of patches how he ran yum in the %post section of a kickstart script
- ChitleshGoorah proposed some screenshots and texts for F-keys at ["Kadischi/Development/boot"] which might be using during the booting process of the livecd. The definition used of Fedora will comply to #182985
- ThomasCanniot has presented for the First time a Fedora liveCD (still in development ) in public on Sunday 26 of February 2006
- A wiki page ["Kadischi/UserContribution"] has been created to manage Rawhide Kadischi works.
- MikeHarris has updated xorg-x11-xfs to xorg-x11-xfs-1:1.0.1-3 in Rawhide to solve the error messages
rm: fonts.dirsee ["Kadischi/UserContribution"] for more details
This section captures other general discussions of interest to the Fedora users and developers.
We, the Fedora Community members strive to bring the latest updates on the Fedora Project to you in a timely manner and in a crisp style. If you like this report and would like to contribute towards it by adding more content, translate this report or cover one of the several Fedora sub projects, you can refer to Contribute page for more information or contact the editor for help. Thank you for your interest in the Fedora Project
|Report Writers & Translators|
Report Writers & Translators
Archives Are Avaliable at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/WeeklyReports/Archive
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/WeeklyReports will always redirect to the latest report from the Fedora Project.